Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:33 AM
Fire Giant

I understand peoples points about teams especially Sullon, because guk is the hub for raiding in Vanilla, or at least at first.

First let me say I believe EQ classic is the best mmorpg as is. Any change should be scrutinized and check and balanced just so things don't go to far off in the other direction.

But if we all like classic EQ but inevitably it will become boring, even if only for a relatively short period of time, maybe customization could be a thing. I understand this server cannot replicate this due to legal issues, however I think adding two more guks in the game would be best for a team server.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

I know its fairy tale land but I figured I'd give my opinion. I like teams servers.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot isnt going to get people to play on a pvp server that doesnt/wouldnt already.
People cant handle ffa with coin only. Any item loot server turns into the same 60 person server, dead in a month or 2.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I would play a 60 person item loot PVP vanilla server, all day. 100% better than a 60 person no item loot velious poop wagon.

A knight - I agree, and thats why red99 is so weird because "P99, classic comes first" started with a full custom ruleset, FFA, VARIABLE pvp engagement range that widened as you leveled up, EXP LOSS on pvp death, No teams, and I can't remember when PVP started if it was level 1 or 2 or 5 or what.

Really weird, not discussed on forums maybe discussed on some other back channel with some other guys and I for one was totally surprised that it was ratified into the final release after the long beta with no announcements or staff communication at all. I'm talking about like zero staff communication about any of the goings ons or feedback about the red99 beta server. I would have been happy with a 3 year beta where they screw with the rules and decide what they think works best but instead they just launched with their first idea, eventually they rolled back EXP loss, and eventually they switched it to static 4 level pvp engagement range.

But yeah.

Of the classic servers, Discord works, and Rallos works

Vallon / Tallon / Sullon have bad teams issues and need customized. Custom Sullon teams seems worth trying for all of the anti item loot people.

In the end I would dream that P99 makes a rallos zek classic server, adds planes like a billion years later, and then leaves it to fester like current red99. A beautiful static vanilla PVP item loot rallos zek server would be a great place of refuge and people tired of living in velious era on blue and green could come hang out for some good days when fBSS and YAKS were still good items.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would play a 60 person item loot PVP vanilla server, all day. 100% better than a 60 person no item loot velious poop wagon.

A knight - I agree, and thats why red99 is so weird because "P99, classic comes first" started with a full custom ruleset, FFA, VARIABLE pvp engagement range that widened as you leveled up, EXP LOSS on pvp death, No teams, and I can't remember when PVP started if it was level 1 or 2 or 5 or what.

Really weird, not discussed on forums maybe discussed on some other back channel with some other guys and I for one was totally surprised that it was ratified into the final release after the long beta with no announcements or staff communication at all. I'm talking about like zero staff communication about any of the goings ons or feedback about the red99 beta server. I would have been happy with a 3 year beta where they screw with the rules and decide what they think works best but instead they just launched with their first idea, eventually they rolled back EXP loss, and eventually they switched it to static 4 level pvp engagement range.

But yeah.

Of the classic servers, Discord works, and Rallos works

Vallon / Tallon / Sullon have bad teams issues and need customized. Custom Sullon teams seems worth trying for all of the anti item loot people.

In the end I would dream that P99 makes a rallos zek classic server, adds planes like a billion years later, and then leaves it to fester like current red99. A beautiful static vanilla PVP item loot rallos zek server would be a great place of refuge and people tired of living in velious era on blue and green could come hang out for some good days when fBSS and YAKS were still good items.
Gustoo for President
Old 05-27-2021, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

That would be awesome if we could get more people into classic EQ, by the company that owns the rights to EQ having a remodel of all the zones.

The same zones but slightly changed. So it is like playing EQ all over again from brand new, not knowing where anything is.

All the zones are the same basically. Unrest is still a giant mansion, but it has been changed. Maybe some drops changed. Maybe the most extreme change being east commons having more of a giant sand dune section going in the opposite direction.

It would be like having a new map in an FPS, making it hard to relearn all the places.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

if its a p99 box sure, if its some drugbox with 30 players no. sorry reign of dragonspear roz ppl, id rather not play at all than play some flash in the pan garage server.

rogean, start talking about it pls.
Last edited by Danger; 06-03-2021 at 04:21 AM..
Old 06-03-2021, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

They aren't reign of dragonspear roz ppl. They are the same people that played Red99 that have moved on to better servers. They would all be on a new red99 server as well.

Some people like classic-kunark era and want to play that. There isn't a way to play those eras unless someone else makes the emulator. I have never seen an emulator community so stuck on one server, it is really odd how brainwashed the player base is.

I played multiple wow emulators and there wasn't this same resistance to jump onto new projects when they were what people wanted to try.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

I mean... the perfect server could open up with better coding and a team that actually cares..... and this community would be like no we need Rogean's name on it.

We need the guy who hates pvp servers, has no interest in running one and appointed corrupt GMs who ran RMT schemes to run his last server to be involved in this project.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make it happen already.

Elendil's Giveaway
Closed Thread