Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Default Something Detrimental For PvP Deaths

Wanna start a discussion regarding PvP death penalty.
Sullon Zek had the xp loss + coinloot
Rallos Zek item/coin loot
Did Vallon Tallon have faction loss or something?

Anyway! What could be a good penalty for the new server?
What do you guys think about res effect in PvP?
There needs to be something in order to limit bindrushing.
Thoughts and ideas on this plz. k thx!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

NO
Old 09-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Do you know how many people I made quit with EXP loss, by me I mean Holocaust and the fellas.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Did you even read the post?
Old 09-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Project Manager

I didn't like exp loss and championed the cause of removing it. If this is something players want back, you'll have to convince me of why and I'll re-evaluate it.

Having played on Rallos, I'm on the pro-item loot team.

People that claim to see the future say no one will play with item loot. Despite me not believing them, there are a variety of ways to implement it that we discussed on the stream. People played on other servers than coin-only teams and if possible, we should take the best parts of all of the servers.

Choice of 1 item, droppable. Not primary/secondary/ranged.
In bags? Not in bags? Could also make bagged loot droppable and the primary 8 inventory slots safe areas. Meaning if you sacrificed a bag slot to place an item there, it would be safe from looting. Alternately, you could make the items you're actually wearing safe from looting and inventoried droppables lootable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One suggestion I haven't heard was droppable items by type. That circumvents the weapon/armor problem and points specifically cash loot. For those who do eqemu stuff, something like items.itemtype 14,15,17,21,38 and != nodrop. So that's droppable food, drink, gems, potions, pages, runes, etc. Just something extra?
Could make it non-armor, non-weapon pieces in general. Could make it earrings, rings, necklaces only.. on and on. We are not limited to the classic implementations of the original servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There needs to be something in order to limit bindrushing.
Casters do not respawn with mana.
Last edited by nilbog; 09-02-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

Faction loss from DIEING to pvp would be a terrible idea IMO. Otherwise I'm ok with coin and or item loot.

XP death sucks because it discourages people to "level up and fight" on a box with a level range +4/-4

On sullon xp death was ok because the box was more a:
RP server less of a PvP server
And because anyone could attack anyone, there was no good reason to stay below level 6. So you didn't have low levels griefing low levels.

It seems like the community wants a more deathmatch style box where PvP Happens a lot more often. If you want that you need to:
Allow melee binding in a few more select zones (not all as bind rushing is an issue on melee)
Make a zone like shadowrest on live and implement rez effects with a translocator NPC for bind. So on death people can med, and wait 20 mins before re-engaging.

This will encourage more random world pvp and penalize people who engage in mass pvp a little less.

Also corpse summoners are a must if you want mass pvp in zones like sky/hate,seb/fear/solb on a regular basis.

Ya'll may call this candyland shit. But it was all a factor in live pvp becoming more common they were all considered posative changes by the zek community.

TLDR ++++ 20-30 min rez effect in PVP and a safe one way out from death zone (i.e. u cant zone in alive) that is a safe zone with global ooc disabled in that zone, and allows people to rest up druing/after rez timer. I can deal with just rez timer, but would like to see a shadowrest implemented.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 09-02-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Casters do not respawn with mana.
I am aware of this that but melee can still loot weapons and charge if they are bound close by.
Ill give you a great example. City of Mist.
You can be a epic rogue. Attack a player, get killed. Respawn and loot your weapons and charge the player again. And you can keep doing this until you win or the player leaves.

This is a problem. Kael comes to mind on the vztz box where Rexx had his cleric bound and would respawn get mana and dispell the maintank while we where clearing for the names and stuff.

I am not saying that this is a huge issue but it is a problem in some zones.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

There certainly should be a penalty for PvP death on the new server. Here on red99 a common tactic to gain a foothold in zones is to simply bind in the zone. What this means for the player defending his camp within the zone is, he will have no choice but to continuously kill the attacking player until they log, leave the zone, or risk PvE while someone that you know is going to attack you again meditates at his bind 30 seconds away from your camp.

For instance my SK is in Guk at AC camp, a mage appears in the zone and I kill him about 3 times heads up. After the 3rd time he binds directly outside of the AC camp, just out of the water. I kill him at least another 5 times hoping to break his spirit. All the while he just respawns & meditates in a group of mobs that are KoS to me & attack me everytime I attack him. Now I have to leave the zone because if I let him sit there at his bind, he will just meditate and attack me again while I PvE.

So in short, the mage wins the zone because he risks losing nothing, but stands to gain the camp. While I risk losing the camp, exp death to PvE, & all the potential item/exp gain I lost while dealing with the situation.

No risk rewards this kind of behavior.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Kobold

On Vallon zek , you were able to loot money.

and hi btw affect.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Hey Thak!
Hows it going man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread