Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Out of the classes with some melee

Which class would be able to kill the largest number of named monsters in dungeons solo, closest to their legitimate level ranges.

Some twinking allowed, nothing like a fungus tunic or haste item before you would legitimately acquire them.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Named monsters? Chanter I'd believe. Especially so with a pocket Cleric.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Chanter would be a caster, not a "class with some melee"

I meant like warrior, shadowknight, paladin, bard, monk, rogue. I didn't want to say class with only melee because that made the list even smaller.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Bard would probably be the best then. They can charm & mez. So they could charm a mob to do the fighting for them, or they can melee it while twisting DoTs then when getting low on life let the DoTs wear off and chain-mezz while twisting in heal song to recover, then melee+dot again (and they can slow, so that should help too)

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Without some SERIOUS twinking, I think they'll all do equally terrible at the specific task you have set out here. You don't want a melee for this, you want a caster. Aside from that, you'd want to hit 60 and get really well geared out before you could start doing anything even half decent.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

In a purely solo setting, a Shaman will last longer in melee than any of the actual melee classes. Paladins can solo some dungeon monsters to a limited extent into the 40's or so, but their solo ability largely evaporates past 50.

Danth
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a purely solo setting, a Shaman will last longer in melee than any of the actual melee classes. Paladins can solo some dungeon monsters to a limited extent into the 40's or so, but their solo ability largely evaporates past 50.

Danth
Yeah but he's talking about soloing named dungeon spawns close to character's relative level without being super twinked. Most melees with a little twinking or just some decent gear can solo mobs even into the 50's, but blue con named are a different story altogether.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaakglith12194 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without some SERIOUS twinking, I think they'll all do equally terrible at the specific task you have set out here. You don't want a melee for this, you want a caster. Aside from that, you'd want to hit 60 and get really well geared out before you could start doing anything even half decent.
I knew the difficulty to impossibility. I still wanted to know everyone's opinion on this very specific question. Any of those classes at lvl 30 could kill anything in say blackburrow right? So that's one dungeon down! Then we're able to look at closest to legitimate level range. Then extrapolate that out to the rest of whatever is possible. Even if it's only like one named in a dungeon it still adds to the total.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Which dungeon mobs nameds are you talking about? Most I can think of you can't even get solo with most of these classes, which makes it pretty much impossible to take them down as a slightly higher, untwinked melee
Old 03-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Bard obviously.