Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Sucks indeed. Knew there was a silver-lining to Kronos. RIP Nost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
Old 04-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Banned

that video makes me hate shitty nerd AAA game devs even more than I already hate shitty nerd AAA game devs. Which is crazy because I hated them the maximum amount already.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Default re

Yeah totally sucks that they caved on the first C&D. It was my first experience with Wow and was a ton of fun. And a very nice and NEEDED break from EQ. But I am back!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure people are returning to "retail" in droves....

ehehehehehe
Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Any half decent populated alternatives where you can't get your wallet out for pixels?

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM
Last edited by Swish; 04-06-2016 at 10:12 PM..
Old 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any half decent populated alternatives where you can't get your wallet out for pixels?
Umm Kronos? Vanilla, right? It's in eastern europe, but you're in the EU so not far for you. I played on it some, it's fairly active, but just too much lag for me. None for me, I'm done with the wow emu experiment.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading the post on nostalrius.org and change.org, it sounds like all they received was a cease and decist? If so I can't believe they are shutting down on that alone.
It's a bit of rumor mongering on some players' part, but... The server's been up for over a year, and paladins and shaman still have their abilities and talents screwed. Literally every other 1.12.1 project that's up (Kronos, Valkyrie, even Rebirth) have better code in place for these classes. Examples for Nostalrius include -

Shaman Windfury Weapon doesn't gain bonus AP as listed when triggered, doesn't have the cyclone animation, and isn't adjusted by talents for improvement.

Shaman searing totem fires off on both hostile and neutral targets alike.

Shaman grounding totem at one point drained unlimited spells. Now it simply doesn't work at all.

Paladins have their consecrate spell adjusted by both Attack & Spell power (both)

Paladin Holy Light spell is still at a broken 46% spell bonus adjustment

Paladin Crusader Seal has all of the AP & Haste gains, and none of the diminished base weapon damage as listed on the tooltip.

People are legitimately thinking that the server staff did NOT have the skill to script the AQ & Naxx raids, let alone fix classes to a correct state, and are just bugging out and taking their share of the RMT cut as they go. Which is one hell of a scheme considering the time frame of a little over a year to groom things once their success was realized.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just bugging out and taking their share of the RMT cut as they go.
RMT? Reptilian-Man Takeover? I thought that wasn't suppose to happen until Planet X is visible in the sky...

Nos is a donation based server like P99, no micro-transactions, anti-RMT, no boxing etc etc. unlike 99% of wow emu servers meh. Even with the bugs ...it was about overpopulated hehe. In fact, at least playing a hunter, I had far less problems on Nos than on Kronos, which has an OP bug with the hunter (OP Raptor pets) and broken quests.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their forum mods must have sore fingers from hitting the DELETE THREAD button so many times. Remarkable how far WOW has fallen and how crap their business model is now.
Wow.

That really IS blizz-like.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After reading the post on nostalrius.org and change.org, it sounds like all they received was a cease and decist? If so I can't believe they are shutting down on that alone.
Would you personally have ignored an initial cease and desist? I assume you mean you would be waiting for an actual summons right?

Genuinely curious if that's what you mean. Definitely makes sense to wait for a court to tell you to shut down, but I assume they were afraid of the threat of Blizzard seeking damages and/or having to hire an attorney for the initial proceedings (obviously this is optional).

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread