Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Default A Pyrrhic Victory

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

Sharknado/Tune/Vapo your scorched earth policy inflicts more damage upon you than us. The reality is, we don't care that much about loot. Sure we raid, it is fun to beat mobs with strategy and execution but at the end of the day if pixels is what we were interested in over anything else, we would have already joined Apex. That's the easy path, but not one most of us are interested. We won't kiss the ring because you don't share our values.

Loot is the mortar that binds, we get it.

Everyone who values loot over community has already jumped ship and in most cases quit after they got it.

You wanna feed your sickness? Fine. Most of us couldn't do it anyhow, my playtime is such that I couldn't raid with Empire, I can barely handle Thunderdome's schedule which is mostly "raid whenever we got the people." We try and schedule shit but most of our members just don't care that much, so if something comes up IRL they don't login for the raid. Great, more than anything else I want happiness for us all really.

We might get ugly with you guys, but you got ugly with us first. You fucked with our raids, you get super salty over pvp. You get insane if we dare to touch golems even though pretty much everyone has AoNs -- we get that too. If we had the advantage of AoN's on all of our toons you guys would probably never win another pvp battle again despite the huge loot disparity.

My favorite lesson I ever learned from the bible, and it's not one you'll hear from many other people was the lesson about how to conduct yourself when you are the powerful one. I hesitate to use this analogy because it might inflate your tiny little egos even more about your "server dominance" about being the "apex predator" in an fantasy emulator that is over a decade old. I think in your heart of hearts though, you know just as well as everyone else the only way to win EverQuest is to walk away so I'll continue on because the lesson is an important one.

Turning the other cheek, it's an act of great power. If you are weak, and have no power then turning the other cheek is almost an act without meaning. You have no other choice, you can't beat the person who has given offense so you turn the other cheek. But if you do have power, and you can crush the person who has offended you -- well then turning the other cheek is a powerful gesture, a powerful act.

Go ahead and keep killing all the Kunark dragons in frustration that you don't get Vulak. We don't need the loot either.

Keep dreaming about AoW and Tunare, it's not happening anytime soon and even if you do win this war, and we all decide its not worth our time to keep fighting...

The victory will be pyrrhic. You'll be left with nothing but raid artist challenges because you'll have no choice. You already don't. That thread is just Tune looking for a silver lining in a cloud. Which is fitting, because it has just about as much substance.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

A+ Would read again.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah it's p bad. They tried to sneak a kill at 3a.m. and got smashed. O well I'm sure they can try to squeeze a vulak kill in next week between lady vox and trakanon
Old 12-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Catch me in the neighborhood watch
Old 12-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Used it to burn every bridge possible.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

I don't think they've killed Vulak in a month. We have engaged them on Vyemn steadily for the past month.
Their pull strat of dragons to entrance is easy to mess with and they raid with 40-50 goons including several boxed utility/healers. Last night while we did statue with 23 they killed Vyemn and we caught em at 1:30 on Vulak. Quantized wiped them at entrance and we engaged. They were forced to CoH to triplets with 34 to try Vulak. After 20 minutes it was at 65% and they wiped. We cleaned up their dead, Ferel tried to LNS. We went to bed.

Today is another day though, see you in ToV on my Kunark geared rogue for more fun battles
Old 12-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Eyebags and abashis
Old 12-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Aviak

They use the same recruitment strategy that Empire did, basically allowing anyone willing to raid and kill mobs to join. They use a lot of the same pulling techniques, from what i can tell. Where they debark from Empire is that they just dont appear to have the ability to replace and refill their ranks as efficiently as Empire did. Their leadership is a bit more outwardly emotional about PVP than Empire was; unless it's a good troll they earnestly seem upset by PVP, the amount of random tells their members send threatening retribution is remarkable.

It's always enjoyable to engage them because you are guaranteed to get red text and/or yellow text.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We might get ugly with you guys, but you got ugly with us first. You fucked with our raids, you get super salty over pvp. You get insane if we dare to touch golems even though pretty much everyone has AoNs -- we get that too. If we had the advantage of AoN's on all of our toons you guys would probably never win another pvp battle again despite the huge loot disparity.

Keep dreaming about AoW and Tunare, it's not happening anytime soon and even if you do win this war, and we all decide its not worth our time to keep fighting...
we never fucked with your raids. we DOCKED people for fucking with you.

Training TD in ToV DOCKEM Klepto -5

You invited trolls that fucked with us first (ring 10) then Vyemm and Vulak. you started this war and you are going to lose because one of 3 things will happen here: 1) im not giving up 2) you will quit 3) rules will change, because dispelling a raid mob from an inaccessible location is fucking bull shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they've killed Vulak in a month. We have engaged them on Vyemn steadily for the past month.
Their pull strat of dragons to entrance is easy to mess with and they raid with 40-50 goons including several boxed utility/healers. Last night while we did statue with 23 they killed Vyemn and we caught em at 1:30 on Vulak. Quantized wiped them at entrance and we engaged. They were forced to CoH to triplets with 34 to try Vulak. After 20 minutes it was at 65% and they wiped. We cleaned up their dead, Ferel tried to LNS. We went to bed.

Today is another day though, see you in ToV on my Kunark geared rogue for more fun battles
statue is still up

and the crew you have fucking with us is dwindling every day ... it dwindled so much we were able to get a clean vyemm kill... because bottom line EQ is a game where u progress your character. fucking with a raid every day and achieving NOTHING but a CR for the next day isn't fun and you PROVED this last night.

good luck you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot

grow your guild do not worry about us
Old 12-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Banned

Yikes tune is rustled
Closed Thread