Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You basically just highlighted the reason why playing EQ at all is actually pointless. Classic EQ was especially awful though, not sure why everyone clings to it when so much of it as you pointed out, is horribly designed. I think we need to stop reproducing retarded classic servers governed by complete retards which reiterate the most idiotic ideas and mechanics that existed in the game and instead make a remastered version of classic which restores/renews the difficulty of the game and revamps the itemization.
You seem like a nice person
Old 12-02-2019, 12:43 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth staff
White scales
Red scales
Bladestopper
Shawl of protection
Puppet strings
Multiple relevant sky drops

There’s plenty of items too save up DKP for in classic
White Dragonscale Cloak is a minor upgrade from any other cloak available. It provides nothing to player power except more resources to wait. It's not required for progression.

Mithril BP drops from 40's group content and is on par with the red dragonscale chest. https://wiki.project1999.com/Mithril_Breastplate - Also gets upgraded with planar, which is 1-groupable as I mentioned in my previous post.

(Good luck getting either of them if you're not a warrior; they're a hotly contested item, and when you're zerging with 40+ people to kill Nagafen, the chances of you, the common raider, getting that is slim unless your raid attendance is high.)

Bladestopper.. arguably a good shield, but you won't be tanking on a Knight in classic (or ever) to take anything but a death touch. Warrior AC/HP is just superior throughout the era. Good for shamans I guess... but Charred Guardian Shield offers similar benefit.

Shawl of Protection isn't in.

Puppet Strings - this item isn't relevant in this era as it drops off Cazic Thule and only a few select individuals will even get the privilege of using it. Also, you don't need Puppet Strings for /anything/ in classic era, it's mainly for those who want to show off by soloing content that can already be done in a group. Yeah it's rechargeable, but good luck finding two of them and convincing the second person not to use theirs for the lifetime of classic.

Only Sky drops that are relevant are the cleric proc hammer, the FD ring, the haste belts, and the paladin swords. They're not even that great until they get upgraded later in the timeline.

Out of all those items you've posted, the only one that is even remotely relevant is Puppet Strings. You don't need any of those items to beat the content, though, just to do it with more room for error.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-02-2019, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

I'd stoop to camping root nets on a ranger for a sky cloak, but I'm just gonna not do that. Lol EQ.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:08 AM
Banned

consider blue
Old 12-02-2019, 01:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0 (2).jpg (20.4 KB, 271 views)
Old 12-02-2019, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd stoop to camping root nets on a ranger for a sky cloak, but I'm just gonna not do that. Lol EQ.
Go away Cecily
Old 12-02-2019, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

I love how the name of person talking in the <Seal Team> guild chat has been a complete and total douchebag on Green99.

Coincidence?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Im not seal team you leftist..... Phatezz is just way cooler than you
Old 12-02-2019, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
play 19 hours a day of everquest
And have been doing so for the past half-decade! Now they're here to ruin another P99 server!
Old 12-02-2019, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And have been doing so for the past half-decade! Now they're here to ruin another P99 server!
quit crying