Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Kobold

Default Just a few balance ideas

Quote:
These changes were made with red99 in mind, although some may apply to general PvP combat on p99 as well.

PvP Spell Damage was reduced from 80% to 66%.
10% chance for direct damage spells to land for full until the chance to resist the spell is <=10%
5% chance to land any spell
No heart beat ticks with Root in PvP.
No Partials from Root and Snare (?).
Resist rates on Root and Snares are increased in PvP.
There is a chance to break root from melee. The chance for root to break is equal to 20% of the damage dealt.
Exclusion to red99:
Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance.
First the "Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance." should be removed.
The 5% add up per attack and that makes this very overpowered and since melee push works on this server. Well i see no reason for it to be in.
You can be interrupted standing in a corner getting hit with a 2h weapon. Should not be the case.

Next "10% chance for direct damage spells to land for full until the chance to resist the spell is <=10%" We all know this needs to be changed or removed.
I like the partial system and its a good idea but we all know that right now wiz/mag/dru are very strong just because of the partial system alone.
You can not fully resist any nuke on this server and that is fine. But giving a 10% chance of a guaranteed 100% dmg nuke. Remove or balance in some way is very needed.

"5% chance to land any spell" This one is the one we all have come to love........
This needs to be removed because its applied to CC spells also. Ever had that WTF moment wen you get rooted or snared or even blinded with high mr? Well there you go.
Doesn't matter if you have 500 mr with this code because of the 5%.
Once you get 200mr + you should be basically unrootable imo. 0.?%

"There is a chance to break root from melee. The chance for root to break is equal to 20% of the damage dealt."
This is a nice thing over all with the current resist code but it may need to be look at if the resists a fixed up a bit and balanced out.

Also wanna ask you guys what you think about removing "Friendly Fire" as in removing guild members ability to attack one another.
This will make some classes spells and ability's useful and both PvP and PvE.
The classic AE group setup cant really work here because of the current system.

Feedback and ideas please :P
Last edited by AffEcT; 01-30-2013 at 07:06 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Aviak

Playing on vztz thomas if you want, just thought i'd say hi best internet friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto View Post
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht View Post
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Bombfist The Lizard King: Bringing Basketball to Degenerate Trolls since 1999
Old 01-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing on vztz
Dam son! Come play with us here. Thriving!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Aviak

fuqdat

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO ROOT, LETS DUEL, NO ROOTS, I GET TO START ON 100% HP AND YOU ON 50% BECAUSE YOU HIT HARDER THAN ME.
Quote:
<cc0> Bombfist: I hear chicks want to do you based on the power of your voice alone
<cc0> respect
Old 01-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First the "Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance." should be removed.
The 5% add up per attack and that makes this very overpowered and since melee push works on this server. Well i see no reason for it to be in.
You can be interrupted standing in a corner getting hit with a 2h weapon. Should not be the case.
I have people channel thru my dual 1 hander attacks all the time, so its far from a guaranteed interrupt. Push is a classic mechanic. On rallos zek, no one could cast thru my epic monk if I was hitting them when they started casting. Not even fast cast spells. You have to kite melees around, corner cast, or utilize z axis. Its just the way it is.

Concerning interruptions in a corner, I cast in corners just fine. Other than bash, I dont recall getting interrupted while wedged in a corner. Perhaps you were levitating. Levitation can cause you to be moved if someone gets underneath you.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Exclusion to red99:
Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance.
There is nothing classic about this. I know you playing a 60 rogue and for you this is an awesome piece of code.
You did understand what i was talking about right?
If a caster is in a corner you can not melee push him and so he should not get interupted by melee unless he gets stunned with a bash or kick (warior).
Last edited by AffEcT; 01-30-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

OP has a point also bombfist should stop being a loser over at vztz and come over here, were thriving dog shit's classic and we ain't even mad no more
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing classic about this. I know you playing a 60 rogue and for you this is an awesome piece of code.
You did understand what i was talking about right?
If a caster is in a corner you can not melee push him and so he should not get interupted by melee unless he gets stunned with a bash or kick (warior).
I was under the impression that 5% chance to prevent channeling simply meant 5% chance to push (which can prevent channeling).

I'm pretty sure thats the way its supposed to be. I know, for instance, you can't interrupt the cast of a runed caster, because runes prevent push. If this mechanic worked as you describe, my melee attacks would interrupt runed casters regardless, and this is not the case. Likewise, you can hit a player thats rooted all day, and they will channel through it. If the system worked as you described, this mechanic would prevent that.

Would be nice to get some clarification on this.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP has a point also bombfist should stop being a loser over at vztz and come over here, were thriving dog shit's classic and we ain't even mad no more
I'll see if shit has changed man and i'll play if it has, hitlers regime wasn't really for me.

Quote:
go hang yourself.
Quote:
Quote:
<cc0> respect
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Kobold

Well the code has nothing to do with p99 or everquest really.
It was added by null for this server only from what i can tell.

Melee push should interrupt but an added 5% from just hitting the target no.
So ignoring the melee push, dual wielding 4 attacks hit. 20% next round 4 40% + kick/backstab 5% and with even just worn haste attacks are very fast with 1h weapons.
Almost 50% interrupt chance from 2 combat rounds and that is ignoring the melee push. See any problems here?
We are looking at a very very very high % of interrupt if not 100% on a long cast spell. And most spells in classic worth casting have a long cast time.

So no this should not be in because its not balanced at all. Its bullshit.
Its custom code that just tips the scales. Heavy shiiiit :P
Last edited by AffEcT; 01-30-2013 at 09:10 AM..
Closed Thread