Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have people channel thru my dual 1 hander attacks all the time, so its far from a guaranteed interrupt. Push is a classic mechanic. On rallos zek, no one could cast thru my epic monk if I was hitting them when they started casting. Not even fast cast spells. You have to kite melees around, corner cast, or utilize z axis. Its just the way it is.

Concerning interruptions in a corner, I cast in corners just fine. Other than bash, I dont recall getting interrupted while wedged in a corner. Perhaps you were levitating. Levitation can cause you to be moved if someone gets underneath you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffEcT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the code has nothing to do with p99 or everquest really.
It was added by null for this server only from what i can tell.

Melee push should interrupt but an added 5% from just hitting the target no.

Its custom code that just tips the scales. Heavy shiiiit :P
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Banned

The channeling thing was added because we casters could channel through almost anything if we didnt get bash stunned. It was necessary to make it more classic.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Melee push doesn't work on players here. Only NPCs. That's why they added that code
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

ITT, casters with unresistable spells whining about melees 5% chance to interrupt.

I think ill make a thread about t-staff stuns not lasting long enough.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned

Luckily for the melees this was added. It does need to be marked for a revisit regarding player push.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

No one fixing any code here bros
Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT, casters with unresistable spells whining about melees 5% chance to interrupt.

ill admit spell resists make resist gear not as effective and wizards need a tone down but in the classic / kunark / velious era of live they were gods.

i was able to gate from nizzar as a 52 cleric several times no problem and bronkus + other monks with no interrupts

i was happy about this but when i played huggies i never interrupted shit and i got smoked like a nug of purp at northwest's house
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Banned

It feels way more classic than before is the thing.

This issue, before the change, was a glaring point for me much like current resists. It needed at least a solid push to make it at least "more classic like" and it got one. We can of course revisit and perfect with implementing players getting pushed by other player damage, potentially not the hardest change to make.

Resists need the same, just a quick and firm push to make them closer to classic until more efforts can be devoted to them.

Or, what Nilbog suggested to me could happen, which would be awesome.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ill admit spell resists make resist gear not as effective and wizards need a tone down but in the classic / kunark / velious era of live they were gods.

i was able to gate from nizzar as a 52 cleric several times no problem and bronkus + other monks with no interrupts

i was happy about this but when i played huggies i never interrupted shit and i got smoked like a nug of purp at northwest's house
You sip purp/lean/Texas oil/etc.

Confirmed not from Houston.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Take a look at the post retard, the interrupt code was just one of the issues.
Closed Thread