Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of them was actually from an officer in a guild saying that they needed new shamans and that I could always leave if I didn't enjoy the guild at any time (including after getting my torpor).
For years I went out of my way to avoid joining a guild on this server. I even went so far as to farm the plat for an epic MQ and got the server's help to take down Rak. So when I joined my guild, Anonymous, it was with one goal in mind: Torpor.

Unfortunately however Anon wasn't taking down Kunark dragons at the time, so I wound up selling a couple of fungis to get my Torpor. But where I'm going with this is that I could have quit as soon as I realized I wouldn't get Torpor, because I didn't join Anon to go to Plane of Sky, or Halls of Testing, or anywhere like that. But once I learned that I could get a feign death ring in Sky, or how easy it was to get a full suit of dragon armor, I stayed in.

So whatever guild made that offer (as long as they're not a loot council guild), my advice would be to give it a shot. Could be a (comparably) easy way to get Torpor, and/or it could get you some other cool pixels. Plus raiding as a shaman is fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Just XP in Seb, always find out who is at emperor and try and talk yourself into the group, and when you get in, clear your schedule. From 56-60 you are bound to see Torpor drop at least twice. Between JBB's, Heiro cloaks, other spells, and the drops you get from other camps you group at while you wait you should have plenty of plat/trade for torpor if your dice suck and you don't win it outright. By leveling from 55 to 60 in Seb exclusively, and being amiable so people wanted me in their groups i left Seb at 60 with a JBB, Fungi, Heiro cloak, and Torpor, all without paying a dime for any of them. You can too.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just XP in Seb, always find out who is at emperor and try and talk yourself into the group, and when you get in, clear your schedule. From 56-60 you are bound to see Torpor drop at least twice. Between JBB's, Heiro cloaks, other spells, and the drops you get from other camps you group at while you wait you should have plenty of plat/trade for torpor if your dice suck and you don't win it outright. By leveling from 55 to 60 in Seb exclusively, and being amiable so people wanted me in their groups i left Seb at 60 with a JBB, Fungi, Heiro cloak, and Torpor, all without paying a dime for any of them. You can too.
That's actually excellent advice. That's what I wish I had done but having small kids and playing at odd times, soloing just suited me better so I very rarely got to commit to a group. If you're able to group frequently I would definitely level to 60 like suggested.
Closed Thread