Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had a brief period of high playtime last summer and wanted to do some velious raiding. I joined Aftermath because they have a cooler name. I was in the guild for a few weeks before quitting due to my personal circumstance improving and no longer being sedated enough to enjoy EQ raiding.

There are a lot of really fun people to play EQ with in Aftermath. As a warrior, raid guilds can be really autistic about their tank power dynamics. BDA was really awful about that. So I was very very pleased to find out how welcoming and inclusive the warrior crew of Aftermath was, particularly Wooliez and Aikons, and Detoxx as well when he was around.

People were quick to give me useful advice and I legitimately enjoyed most of the guild banter during raids and idle chatter.

Yes, there were 5-10% fully autistic pixel addicted retards who got upset when I teased them, but I promise you will find that in any guild.

On the topic of leadership, Detoxx probably only was at 20% of the raids. He has done a good job giving power to ppl who can run shit so he's not around all the time.

Recently, I have heard forum rumors that the once admirable Erati of Awakened has turned into a true pixellord scumbag and is no longer the cool, normal pal we once knew. Likewise, Awakened has Henrique, and it's a lot more fun to trigger him by being part of AM than to read his posts as part of Awakened.

If I raided again, I'd go back to AM. Fortunately, I am past that stage of my life :-)

Now i'm just addicted to Post Quick Reply
Thats not fair!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Been around 50% for a long time, cant play like I used to!

In all seriousness though, both guilds are almost identical policy wise and want to achieve the same goal.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Consider how retarded Taken was.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A/A are obviously top dogs. Last month while they were on suspension however, I was very impressed by Paradigm Shift. I vowed to never join a loot council guild after BDA, but from what I've heard about them, a lot of their members are happy with the leadership and are very active raiding. At least consider it before throwing your chips in for am or aw, that's my suggestion.
Thanks for the shout out! I may be biased but I’d give a +1 for PS. We are quite active; we have something going on nearly every night, all our players are adults (although I act like an idiot to keep things fresh) , and our players know how to play the game and their classes. It really is refreshing to do raids in a low pressure, have fun but get stuff done atmosphere. It’s really the only kind of guild environment that would keep me logging in. /who all paradigm if you’re curious at all. Can talk to me or anyone else.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Also since this is rants and flames may I just add that everyone on this
Thread has a significant other, mother or sister whose lady parts resemble the end result of a hand grenade going off inside a pastrami sandwich.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also since this is rants and flames may I just add that everyone on this
Thread has a significant other, mother or sister whose lady parts resemble the end result of a hand grenade going off inside a pastrami sandwich.
woulda been more cooler if you said P.S.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woulda been more cooler if you said P.S.
I am not too proud to acknowledge that this is sold advice and I embrace the constructive criticism. I am always looking for opportunities to be better even if they are in the darkest corners of a lizard murder simulator forum.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both A/A have very similar loot policies/DKP system.
I think Aftermath gives you a little more flexibility in gearing out alts, Awakened gives a little more protection to mains looking for best in slot items. Not sure though, both guilds are constantly reviewing and revising their policies.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

Also watchu mean by "Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future"!?!?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also watchu mean by "Don't let a dark past ruin a bright future"!?!?
Yea, his future isn't very bright if his next career path is AM or AW

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider how retarded Taken was.