Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior - FSI is dope

I love frontal stun immunity on my Ogre Warrior. I don’t know how game-breaking it actually is but it definitely seems to help me gain and maintain aggro. It’s also just plan fun not to be stunned, which is possibly one of the most annoying things about taking the hits.

I’ve tanked quite a bit on my Monk and have definitely noticed when I get stunned at the beginning of a fight it’s a long uproad battle to gain aggro where as when I get to swing freely it doesn’t seem to be difficult.

I’d love to know if there is some science behind it or if I’m just victim to the placebo effect. Thanks for taking a minute to read.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly as a Shaman player I've heard FSI debated to death with regards to spell casters, but I haven't heard it discussed much among tanks. Curious to see the replies here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre warrior with guise still has FSI if you missed the boat... well yeah...
Old 06-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

A few things to understand about warriors on p99 to give context to the question...

You wont hold aggro at lower levels period (basically until high 40s-50s when you get access to good dex gear dex buffs and weps) Best bet is to have a caster in your group root every mob and use proximity aggro.

You will be the puller occasionally - grab magic resist gear as soon as possible and ask for resist buffs to avoid getting rooted trying to bring mobs back to camp. FSI doesnt help with the insane stun from the back that was recently added on this server. Its real bad.

When you do eventually start holding aggro by yourself with proc weps and item clicks for raids getting stunned can kind of matter but not really, its not as bad as getting a spell interrupted as a caster for example. Also for clickies that have a cast time you will be interrupted 100% of the times you get hit because a warriors channeling skill is zero. Spell will be interrupted whether you have FSI or not.

Ogre is a good race to pick for warrior because of its stats allowing you to wear less str/sta gear and more raw hp/ac/dex/magic resist gear, not really because FSI. Its also a bad race to pick because without a shrink bracer you get stuck everywhere in the game.

Theres a lot of pros and cons to every war race pick and a lot of it comes down to just personal preference.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

One other point I’ll mention, though it might be implied by the topic. I’d think less time stunned per minute equals more swings and therefore more white dmg aggro per minute.

What I’m less sure about is chance to proc. I’ve always heard the calculation for an individual swing’s chance to proc is based off of the proc rate (roughly dex*weapon modifier) divides by swings per minute. I think swings per minute is just weapon speed modified by haste and that actual more time swinging would result in more procs. Since FSI increases how many actual swings you’d have per minute you’d proc more increasing overall aggro.

IDK It could be a really small difference but it “feels” bigger. I’d defer to smarter people than me though!
Old 06-13-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre warrior with guise still has FSI if you missed the boat... well yeah...
My shaman (ogre) loses it in bear form. Is this working as intended? (I haven't played my shaman in about a year or so)
Old 06-13-2020, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres a lot of pros and cons to every war race pick and a lot of it comes down to just personal preference.
True, but as someone who leveled a gnome warrior to 60 in kunark on blue I had a harder time finding grps. The perception matters a ton when you are essentially unable to solo and essentially NEED to find a grp to level at any reasonable rate.

You get passed over quite a bit, so it helps if you have a guild/grp of friends to rely on. If you can get grps any race is fine until you get to the end game.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Kobold

In terms of raw white damage it depends on your weapon. The faster the weapon, the more you benefit from stun-immunity. Just simple math, but don't expect too much even with fast weapons. With spellcasting, this becomes much more valuable.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 06-13-2020, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Maybe it's because I play the game muted but I've never once wanted FSI. Pretty sure the game has some weird sound associated with being stunned anyways...
Old 06-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

The Ogre racial on a Warrior mainly serves as a confidence boost for players who are a bit unsure of themselves or as a convenience for players who hate being bashed. Otherwise it's been demonstrated through parsing to be worth about a couple percent hate generation--not a significant difference.

Danth
Closed Thread