Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

People being shit at EQ is no logic for dinging something like the manastone.

there are tons of uses for stones, most of them aren't game changing except for maybe druids, eventually wizards, clerics, and necromancers.

At level 20 you start regening 3 hp a tick. Which you can functionally turn into 1 mana per tick. Nothing incredible but still something.

Converting mana between classes. Sometimes someone in a group needs mana and others in the group have plenty of mana but no way to give it to the person who needs. Now with manastone it's possible. Anyone who can heal or rune now has a way to transfer mana directly to that player in need.

Obviously being grouped/around anyone who can/will chloro/regen will make it very useful. I can easily as an enchanter find a shaman or druid who will happily trade me 2 chloros for 1 clarity. They win and you win. they are only losing 400 mana but gain around 2k from clarity.

Obviously if you ever need emergency mana for finishing off mobs, getting another heal off, gating, etc. it has its uses

Some of the uses can even sneak up on you, like when I'm playing my enchanter I'm always keeping berserk spirit up. Thing is, about half the time I won't get hit and normally all that mana would be wasted. but now instead I can gain a third of my mana back from casting it. Or maybe I got hit but my rune still has some HP left i can go ahead and get some free mana back, too.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Yea not to mention if you have a bard in your group, hymn then becomes a huge boost to mana instead of hp if you aren’t in a roll that’s causing you to take hits, Magicians also get a line of regen shielding. It’s legit like having an unlimited click Mod Rod with a slightly worse conversion ratio, if you can’t see the usefulness in that well I can’t help you.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

I don’t think anyone (well, most anyone) was questioning how great a Manastone is. The arguments mostly centered around if it’s worth the platinum return on time investment if you plan to sell it now, or something what its value is for the remaining months of Classic if someone were to buy one now.

To be sure, it is an amazing item.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:22 PM
Kobold

For Clerics it is decent. One thing they don't tell you is how miserable right clicking that damn thing is. CONSTANTLY. CLICK CLICLICKLCLICKK cast complete heal CLICLICLCKLKICLCKLCI cast complete heal x a million. What fun.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Clerics it is decent. One thing they don't tell you is how miserable right clicking that damn thing is. CONSTANTLY. CLICK CLICLICKLCLICKK cast complete heal CLICLICLCKLKICLCKLCI cast complete heal x a million. What fun.
more or less fun sitting on your butt medding?
Old 02-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Same reason no one is using red wood wands to grind levels. Because killing a single spawn and medding for 6minutes 40seconds is way more fun.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Just pointing out it isn't all roses. Of course having a manastone is better than not having one. But I hope you like clicking billions of times a day.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another way to look at the manastone is to say it converts your HP regen into mana regen at a rate of 60hp per 20 mana. Who wouldn't want to be able to flip a switch and say "Whatever I have for HP regen is now mana regen instead"? It's similar to a mini-clarity you can turn on and off at will.

As a cleric, you can ask your local druid or shaman for chloro and make additional use of your own HP that way.

Hey, would anyone use a manastone on a shadowknight, paladin, or ranger? I guess if you had a mana bar and you could wear a fungi, a manastone might be cool. Only in classic zones, though...just brainstormin'.
So just saying its a amazing item, but not doing the math to prove it makes no sense. Chloroplast last like 12 min, if you're casting it on yourself it gives 10 hp/tick, thats 100 hps a min, if it lasts 12 min thats 1200 hps. You could convert that to 400 mana, but it costs 200 mana to cast Chloroplast. So you would only get a net benefit of 200 mana over 12 min, a whole 16 extra mana per min, which would be about 1.6 mana per tick. If someone else is casting chloro on you then it can be a bit of a boon, that would double the effect to about 3 mana per tick, but I think I would rather just have a clarity instead for 5-7 mana per tick without clicking constantly. Right now only clerics can use it effectively, 39th level cleric with at least 2k-ish hps to get some benefit above everyone else. Every other class is only gonna get 1-2mana/tick benefit tops. Mages get a regeneration line of shielding, but its only 3hps per tick, thats even less than chloroplast, an it takes components.
This is mainly a wizard item, because they can bind, gate to old world use the mana stone, immediately gate back, plus they have epic free hps shield, but again 1.5 years away or so. To say mana stone is worth 200k now is insane, I would say 50-70k tops, if that, to anyone but a cleric. There maybe some clerics that would pay 100k+, but its insane everyone wants one an doesn't even realize the limitations.

Btw I have a mage with a manastone.
Last edited by NPC; 02-25-2020 at 04:34 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Chloro lasts ~15 minutes @ 50. As calculated earlier in the thread, that's a net 300 mana gain over 15 minutes, or 2 mana/tick. When you're getting 16/tick medding at 50, that's a 12.5% increase from one item. Not bad.

If someone is casting chloro on you, you're gaining 500 mana over 15 minutes, or 3.33/tick. 20% increase mana regeneration from medding alone at 50.

Also the mage line is great. 3hp/tic = 1 mana tic. Stackable FT1 for 1hour 12minutes? Not bad. If you got The Manastone and are worrying about 3 cat's eye agate...
Old 02-26-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned

if your talking about net gains in everquest you are not making any net gains in real life
Closed Thread