Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Banned

Default Zixx Nenix (Infected Paw) Not Giving Any Faction Hits

Was doing the jeweled skull quest yesterday and noticed that Zixx Nenix is correctly spawning after Kurrpok is killed (nice job adding that!), but not giving any faction hits when killed.

After doing some research, he should be giving the following (as per http://web.archive.org/web/200004182...show&BID=71297)

Quote:
goes up with:
MayongMistmoore
Trakanon
LeagueOfAntonicanBards
CarsonMcCabe
goes down with Ring of Scale.. thats it.
more evidence here (http://web.archive.org/web/200207211...l_factions.asp)

Quote:
Zixx Nenix (old Paw DE) (?)

League of Antonican Bards +

Trakanon +

Mayong Mistmoore +

Carson McCabe +

Ring of Scale -
credit dolalin for making this easy to find.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think he spawned in the revamped Paw at all. My impression was that he went away after December 1999. Sightings of him seem to stop at that point.

So the bigger issue here is probably that he exists in the first place, heh.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:39 PM
Former Guide

I do have links to source material, but ring of scale as well as Trakanon faction was reset when Kunark launched. So classically speaking, no one could ever have maxed out Trakanon faction, so not certain what P99 devs would decide on this. I believe this NPC was the only +Trak hit ever given?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have links to source material, but ring of scale as well as Trakanon faction was reset when Kunark launched. So classically speaking, no one could ever have maxed out Trakanon faction, so not certain what P99 devs would decide on this. I believe this NPC was the only +Trak hit ever given?
Do you have a source for the kunark faction reset for those particular ones? Never heard of that , sounds interesting . I also saw some comments while poking around for this that there were people claiming to be non kos in seb , but that could be false memory or other things (minor illusion bug) etc
Old 02-05-2020, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

I do remember reading about someone who killed Nixx a lot and was nonkos in Seb at Kunark launch. I have been trying to find it again all morning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

would go against the classic spirit to allow people to farm Trakanon faction off a mob no one killed much or knew much about

also he may not even exist in the current Paw which is probably what needs to be figured out
Old 02-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a newsgroup thread with people talking about Nixx/Zixx in "the old Paw".

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/al...yEw/discussion

I also tried a search and there are no references to "zixx" past 1999:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...erquest$20zixx

He has no Allakhazam or Illia's entry, so he was surely gone in the revamp.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do remember reading about someone who killed Nixx a lot and was nonkos in Seb at Kunark launch. I have been trying to find it again all morning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i read that too when i was doing research for this. now i cant find it either. but it didnt sound like factions were reset
Old 02-05-2020, 11:36 PM
Former Guide

Got around to digging through my archive, found this link:
https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5125
Quote:
There used to be a mob that boosted MM and LoAB faction (and I think hit RoS) in the old school version of Paw. One person on another message board soloed him for about six levels. He was amiable to everything in MM. Scary.
Quote:
The only mob in Paw with odd faction hits would be Zixx Nenix (or some such, this is out of memory), a dark elf in a secret underwater area. I actually have his faction hits in my old lists - they might even be up on our website The funniest thing about him, though, was that killing him raised Trakanon faction. Note that this was months before Kunark came out... wonder if the guy who soloed him for a while is amiable to Trak?
This is the same message board that the faction hit was documented on (Redi from The Keepers). As we know being amiable with Mayong Mistmoore doesn't make you non-KoS in Mistmoore, so possibly some urban legend stuff going on in there.

We also know that faction system was bugged where if you bottomed out the mob's primary faction (Ring of Scale in this case) that you'd cease to receive any of the other faction hits. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever know the value of these hits unless we somehow stumble across some old log files or posts from faction farmers back then.

I couldn't find the tidbit about the faction being reset for Trakanon, possible I'm lumping it in with Ring of Scale which I'm 99% sure was reset with Kunark, or I didn't flag it when researching, or I'm plain mistaken. Either way, I don't expect devs to just take my word on it. Will keep my eyes open.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

well 1% always a chance

RoS faction was 100% NOT reset on Kunark launch, I remember clearly talking often and finding it odd Gorenaire was amiably to me.

Everyone else would get wrecked by her so I thgt I was special...actually I lvld in Mistmoore from lvl 24 to 34 or so which means Ring of Scale never reset, I played Kunark day 1 and saw Gore in DL.