Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Ring of the dead was all/all and multi-questable

Surprised nobody linked this stuff prior to green launch. I didn't even remember the ring till i saw it in EC chat

From the evilgamer site and Brael ( I think he was the site manager) but it's all over the alla and patch notes site.

There were only 3 of them in the game across all live servers, I had one of the three, and a couple of other long since gone posters here had the other two. Originally the ring was tradeable, you could give it to someone else and they could use it from their inventory. Later on such as during Velious I used it to help bind my guild in PoM however there were only two ways to do it. The first was to have the person in question gain enough faction with the SK/Necro guild and then multiquest it to them (you give the ring, they give 10 gold, they get the ring, only works for evil characters I think worshiping Innoruuk was a must and the faction grind was very painful taking most people weeks). The second was to use a no drop trade exploit to give it to them. In either case, once they had the ring they could use it.

Multi-questable- the npc would accept the ring and gold separately on recharge

Chania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud ofChania has much to be proud of
[Fri Feb 25 03:36:54 2011] You say, 'Hail, Xantis Ixtax' [Fri Feb 25 03:36:55 2011] Xantis Ixtax says 'Greetings, disciple Chania. Feel free to inspect my wares. I am here to serve all necromancers of the Dead. I can also enchant a [ring of the Dead] if you have one.' [Fri Feb 25 03:37:01 2011] You say, 'ring of the dead' [Fri Feb 25 03:37:07 2011] You say, 'ring of the Dead' He won't respond to either spelling. No, I wasn't invis. I hand in the ring. [Fri Feb 25 03:37:21 2011] Xantis Ixtax says 'Come now.. I said I require the ring of the Dead and 10 gold pieces.' This is where I started to get worried.. I forgot about the gold, and only had 5 gold on me. I gave him 1pp instead and it worked ~ [Fri Feb 25 03:37:37 2011] Xantis Ixtax says 'Here you are, disciple. I have enchanted your ring once more.' [Fri Feb 25 03:38:17 2011] You say, 'what ring of the Dead' Old school, add the word "What" and now we're golden. [Fri Feb 25 03:38:17 2011] Xantis Ixtax says 'The ring of the Dead is the mark of loyal members of this house. One can use it to bind his soul to any point, but only once and then the enchantment is gone. It is my duty to enchant the ring of the Dead once it is drained of all power, but only for a loyal member. I believe you to be loyal. I require the drained ring and ten gold coins.'
Old 02-24-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Bump. So aah when can we see this fixed?

I'm just going out on a limb here and guessing the developers knew this from the get go and just decided to not follow the classic timeline on this one. Since it took me like 30 seconds to find the backup to what i remember....
Old 02-24-2020, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Would guess it's in the Ivandyr's Hoop category of non-classic changes that won't be restored to classic because of balance issues
Old 02-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ight=ring+dead
Old 02-24-2020, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they have a screenshot and patch notes and nilblog acknowledges it but nobody from p99 changed it for Green servers launch?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Edit- page 6 and 7
Old 02-25-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Same reason Glimmer ring isnt on Green either...they made a choice with balance of the item since the original EQ devs eventually removed/retro nerfed the item.

Thats a sign that the item isnt balanced or properly intended.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

But locket of escape will be in so what’s the big deal lol, think of all the headaches in Kunark allowing this item now would prevent.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same reason Glimmer ring isnt on Green either...they made a choice with balance of the item since the original EQ devs eventually removed/retro nerfed the item.

Thats a sign that the item isnt balanced or properly intended.
Wasn't retro nerfed-
The original developers left the multquest part in game till velious and the original item in till almost kunark. Then put the item in again.

....nonsense that it's not in game.

Edit- it's a fun item they left in game for a long time. That's what the game is supposed to be about- fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But locket of escape will be in so what’s the big deal lol, think of all the headaches in Kunark allowing this item now would prevent.
Unless that gets put on a list, anybody not in the top 1-2 clans has ZERO SHOT AT THAT DROP, I'll say it again, ZERO SHOT getting that camp. That guy will be on 24/7 lockdown.
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 02-25-2020 at 08:15 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

So join a top guild
Old 02-26-2020, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So join a top guild
I shouldn't have even responded.

This is the bug section, not the opinion section on what should or shouldn't been in game. Head back over to RnF buddy.

-
Closed Thread