Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make it sound like I support that. I've tried merging the top 2 guilds for a year now; once successfully and then about a year later not-so-successfully.

I'd rather see a single guild dominating all the content, eliminating any possibility for welfare pixels.
At this point, I agree... or at least get those welfare guilds to merge and contest.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was on half the classic servers... So, we've done the 1 half with no rotation. Now the new half will be with rotation.
Weren't you the big swingin' in Velious on live? Time to shake Taken and run with the big boys for this half - you had your casual fun now it's time to grow some bawls.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Are we talking about Re-99 still or P99? Cause it seems like we are on different pages.

I am not advocating a rotation system on P99, won't work. But on Re-99, if you stamp that into the core of the server before it begins, that will solve a lot of issue that P99 faced. A more accurate timeline will solve another set of issues P99 faced. It should make for a very nice and friendly server.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am not advocating a rotation system on P99, won't work.
You're already in one. Class R. Lockouts =

Trakanon 1 - BDA
Trakanon 2 - Taken
Trakanon 3 - Omni/Europa/Azure Guard/etc

rinse/repeat..with the occasional FFA version to make it look like its not a small rotation.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are we talking about Re-99 still or P99? Cause it seems like we are on different pages.

I am not advocating a rotation system on P99, won't work. But on Re-99, if you stamp that into the core of the server before it begins, that will solve a lot of issue that P99 faced. A more accurate timeline will solve another set of issues P99 faced. It should make for a very nice and friendly server.
P99 will eventually just become Re-99, thus the absurdity of a rotation will be just as absurd in the carryover.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

False. Create the climate you wish to have by establishing rules before it is launched.

Want a shit show, have full variance where raids poopsocking and directly compete, and petition because someone doesn't drop Trakanon to 99% at 20 seconds but instead at 24 seconds into the encounter! THE HORROR!

Want to have a raid environment where all may participate, have rotations that lock people out from contesting those mobs again for several spawns. Allow guilds to use whatever strategies they wish (outside of clear exploits), and play on your terms not some retarded petition quest terms.

The climate and Mindsets here are set in stone and can't be altered after 5 years. However on a new server they have a blank slate and they may set the tone as they see fit.

How's Red going Unbrella?
Old 07-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

The spirit of EQ isn't about rotations - which were player arrangements on live, not GM enforced. Instancing wasn't a concept we had to compare to either.

I don't want a shit show, I don't want variance, I don't want welfare pixels either. If you're not willing to learn your class, play your class well and show up on time to raids you don't deserve more than you can acquire on your own time.

I guess one solution to having 4am batphones would be to kill variance is when mobs spawn times start to drift, Rogean resets them back to a reasonable non-virgin time of day. But, to say we need a system where 'all guilds are created equal' is toxic to ambition. Plus, you'll end up with 150 guilds each wanting there slice of the pie like you have in Class-R.

And red is going pretty well - I hit 60 on my monk and am getting better at pvp overall. I like the no-variance, but unfortunately mobs spawn at like 8:30am EST on a Tuesday and I'm at work then. VP mobs are spawning at a time I can make, but I don't really see the value in keying my monk. I'm not a contender for a Rile or Robe and I don't need a Trorsmang staff since I already have a T-staff. Maybe I'll key my wizard, who is 54. I don't know yet.
Last edited by Ella`Ella; 07-24-2015 at 10:33 AM..
Old 07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither is creating 2 VP keyed zerg guilds who refuse to compete outside of the welfare tier but people seem to like it.
Did you guys script this beforehand?
Old 07-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

What are GMs?
Old 07-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither is creating 2 VP keyed zerg guilds who refuse to compete outside of the welfare tier but people seem to like it.
By people you mean Rampage, BDA and Taken. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]