Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Default The depth of this world!

While wondering around Norrath I keep seeing abandoned Druid rings. Every time I do I think about a time when things were better and the good magics kept the bad at bay. When far off locations were safe and accessible to all. I think details like this add amazing depth to the world. What have you noticed in your adventures that give you this feeling?
Old 06-24-2016, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

The clockwork guards in Akanon all have different black boxes.....of various types. D, E, Z.....

Thing is, these aren't for a quest....and they don't sell to merchants..... they are just there....because the world needs them, not the player [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2016, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Oh man, someone post the video!!
Old 06-24-2016, 02:50 AM
Sarnak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyxdS1SSoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rr8XTSDWmY
Old 06-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa that was amazing. Qeynos=Sonyeq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While wondering around Norrath I keep seeing abandoned Druid rings. Every time I do I think about a time when things were better and the good magics kept the bad at bay. When far off locations were safe and accessible to all. I think details like this add amazing depth to the world. What have you noticed in your adventures that give you this feeling?
ahhh okaaaay, now your talkin my language

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
runes...there are always runes, and I don't know what they say. These are found in Upper Guk.

Don't even get me started on plane of fear - there's so many weird things in there - giant hourglasses, bells, a druid ring, skeleton dragons, and of course more strange runes all over the place

And what is this stone for? in the Gorge of King Xorbb? In all my travels I have never seen this stone, with that symbol, and that texture, anywhere else - so why is it there? seems like a lot of effort, to put a one of a kind structure in the game, for no reason at all........

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 06-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

It looks to be a progress gauge of some sort. Maybe King Xorbb is counting how many big stone skulls he can stack upside down on each other?
Old 06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Yeah that druid ring in plane of fear really gets me. Was the plane once Tunare's realm? I mean it is basically a forest environment. There's def a story there.
Also here's an interesting theory I just read:
"For a long time, I've been puzzled over some things regarding Cazic-Thule and the Plane of Fear. Here's a theory, and I'd like to know what others think.

The Cazic-Thule that roams around in the Plane of Fear is tough, but he's not as tough as you expect a God to be, considering all the other gods you can fight ingame. Granted he was put in earlier, but he hasn't been upgraded to the level Innoruuk has, which strikes me as odd.

Now, when venturing through the old Plane of Mischief, you could have the fortune of seeing Bristlebane spawn in his puppet theater and remark, "Where is the Cazic-Thule puppet? Ridiculously funny!". The puppets of all the gods ingame were there, and the puppets of a few gods that weren't or still aren't... yet apparently, a Cazic-Thule puppet that was meant to be there is "missing".

Back in the Plane of Fear, the Cazic-Thule that we see roaming the jungle, when killed, can drop "Puppet Strings". This, combined with the fact that he doesn't seem as difficult to kill as he should be, leads me to believe that he is not in fact an actual manifestation of Cazic-Thule, but is in fact Bristlebane's Cazic puppet, stolen by Cazic and magically enhanced to guard his plane."
Last edited by Maschenny; 06-26-2016 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wow, that's a ridiculously plausible explanation. There's still so much to find here...
Old 06-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow this is very good footage, and great editing and commentary. Make more please! Really brings me back. Still trying to get the game to work, but browsing these forums is making me so anxious, my god hahaha
Closed Thread