Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Druid with fungi tunic/staff whose knowledgeable about what they are doing is the fastest 1-20. People keep mentioning damage for threat and that makes bard better.. well.. two snares holds plenty of aggro for virtually no mana and the PL'ee only needs to do 1 damage. They are presumably not using a 1/50 weapon considering they are buying a PL. Even a starting dagger would do, or carry around a cheap fast weapon that everyone can use and no one would steal.

As for price that depends on how much both of you value your time and how quickly you can PL. Two hours for 4k seems cheap. I've never bought or sold a PL but I've done it plenty for friends and it's so boring that it actually siphoned my desire to play EQ away. I wouldn't PL someone to 20 for 4k, but I'd definitely pay 4k for a PL to 20. So then the cost must be worth more. Again though it depends on the PL in question.

The most difficult part of PLing 1-20 is the traffic though. Ideal zones with undead aren't even worth going to since a single fungi'd melee represents half the zone being cleared. You have to get creative there in finding out-of-the-way spots and dealing with fleeing mobs. That doesn't mean you can't go to a dungeon, you just gotta know the spots and get a little lucky. This part is why I never even considered PL'ing for money. Your plans go to pot when a fungi'd monk 8 levels higher than a camp is farming it.

On that point TIL people go to SolA now? I quit a little over a year ago and you had to basically threaten to kill someone to get them off the xp highway, and even when you did they'd bail quickly. If SolA was a bad spot to PL in it would be from the painful nukes and high amount of weirdly plump (male) goblin ass. Never tried the gnomes since I wanted my faction.