Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-10-2019, 03:40 AM
Fire Giant

Default West Karana bandits need Correction.

Been digging and lot of stuff about these mobs seems off on p1999 servers.

Bandits:

1) No female half elf are spawning in West karana they should be druids use the same models as those found east karana and north karana.

This discussion shows the types of bandits and what classes they should be with clarification from a second poster

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...4&p=4#comments

"Aug 02 2001 at 12:44 PMRating: Excellent
Rithlander
10 posts
As of late I decided that I was having a cash floe problem so I decided to go into Western Karana and kill bandits. LOTS OF THEM.
I found a pattern in what loot they drop, and its different for each "Type" of Karana Bandit. This may not be completely accurate but it should be close. Please forgive any inaccuracies, as Server differences may change this. Please do not flame this post as being wrong without proof. I have ALOT of experience killing these.
Brigand: (Male barbarian In Chain or Banded) bandit sash, Small change, Occasional Bronze & Rusty weapons, Occasional Words for Research.
Bandit (Male barbarian in Leather) Fighter Class: Never drops Sashes, Rusty Weapons, Small change.
Bandit: (Female Barbarian in Leather) Fighter class(Never been backstabbed) Never Drops Sashes, Small change, rusty weapons
Bandit: (Female Human in Leather): Fighter or Rogue class. Can Drop Sashes, Rusty and occasionally bronze weapons, Small change, Human blood.
Bandit (Male Human) Fighter or monk? Can Drop Sashes, rusty and bronze weapons, small change.
Bandit: (Male Half Elf) Druid I believe. Always has a Damage Shield up. (Ow) Rusty weapons, SMALL change and the occasional rusty weapon. No sashes, No bronze.
Bandit (Female Half Elf) Druid I believe. Always has A Damage Shield (Again Ow) No sashes, Occasional Splintering Club, Small change.

Some things are completely random, I have found Small sacks, wrist pouches, and some provisions and alchohol on them.
Hope this helps, the Karana Bandits are a MOB with a lot of variation.
Choose your tactics carefully or avoid them altogether unless you have a group (Below level 16 or 17)
The Magic using bandits will cast damage shields on all thier comrades within range. this makes things very difficult if several of them attack you at once.
At this Posting Im a lvl 22 barabrian just farming them for fun and cash. The only Mob I still get exp from is the Brigand."
------------------------------------------------------------
Follow up poster clarifying its is out of era but provide clarity.
----------------------------------------------------------------

" #Feb 28 2002 at 2:38 PMRating: Decent
calvarsyn
Scholar
27 posts
Anyone who needs info on the bandits should scroll down to the end of this thread and read Rithlander's post. He's done really well with the info.

Here's a bit more. The Male Half Elf is a level 15 Wizard, not a Druid. The Female Half Elf is a level 12 Druid, and the Human male bandits can also backstab, if my memory serves me.

If the bandits con green to you, you still need to be careful of the casters. If you attack a bandit within aggro range of a caster, the caster will attack, and the wizards always come in pairs...

Lastly, the farmhouse near the corrupt guards has anywhere from 4 to 6 bandits at it, even though you may only see one or two. This is a spawn point for bandits on the hill. They'll run N/NE to the base of the hill, them they head E up to the camp, and then on into the hills.

The good thing with killing the bandits, is that it raises your faction with the rogues guild in Qeynos, that killing gnolls in BB lowered.

Hope this helps. Good Luck and good hunting !

Eldibar, 21st Warrior of The Rathe"

2) Male half elf Bandits should be casting lighting spell from wizards. Bandits are awsome money and expierence but they can be risky as this post shows.

page 3 of bandit discussion.

" bandit level wk
#May 22 2001 at 11:48 AMRating: Decent
Anonymous
Anonymous
Bandits are normally 9-12 but casters fight much higher. I had one hit my Shaman 3 times with lighting for 75 pts /pop.
On the other hand 2 spirit strikes and they are all but dead.

The one exception which everyone seems to have left out is that Brigands also spawn with bandits.
Brigands are at around 5 levels higher than normal bandits. They look like bandits but don't con like them at all if you are level 12."

Hope this is helpfull.

Ps All this discussion is perty much how i Remember it from Live and Eqmac I spent a LOT of time hunting bandits in the karnas. Of course as always memory is not a valid data but had to share

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-12-2020, 02:08 PM
Aviak

You're definitely right about half elf blonde females. I also remember ALL bandits could drop sashes. Here, I have only seen them drop from humans and brigands. Has this been checked out or we gonna say "working as intended"?
Old 03-13-2020, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

See good example of memory problem as proof 8)

I rem only the monk/rogue(human male /femal in leather armor) bandits plus brigands dropping sashes. For me from memory the brigands always dropped sashes.

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-13-2020, 11:12 AM
Aviak

You could be right about Brigands always dropping a sash. It just seems weird I figured out pretty quickly on green/teal that only the humans dropped sashes. Seems like I would have figured that out on live too. I do remember the humans seemed to drop them more often, but not that others didn't drop them. But that was over 20 years ago.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

well found proof finaly about druids bandits.

http://web.archive.org/web/200302181...of_Karana.html

Nilbog:

Last edited by Buellen; 06-28-2020 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: wrong link corrected
Old 06-29-2020, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

just to clarify logged in an checked the various bandits male half elf bandits are casting wizards spells on teal.

Nilbog: