Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

They probably properly halved the drop rate of legacy items when Green split to Teal post-Thanos Snap so the same amount of coveted items would have entered the world once Green and Teal were merged post-Hulk Snap.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I’m pretty sure it was like this for the first group that got there before the split as well.

However if I’m mistaken, I’d hope they realize that’s a silly thing to do considering classic featured many splits and many of those servers merged back together in a classic era.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They probably properly halved the drop rate of legacy items when Green split to Teal post-Thanos Snap so the same amount of coveted items would have entered the world once Green and Teal were merged post-Hulk Snap.
Dang...I wonder if that is true. There is a certain logic to it, and the drop rates seem to reflect that. I think Green is at 40 hours now. Perhaps someone can confirm.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Aviak

The drop rate is likely 10%. This is just terrible. PLEASE consider revising the drop rate of manastones. It is unbearable. Most folks are spending on average at least 12 hours per stone - With a line of 4-5 people permanently camping it, it's taking the average player in excess of 48 hours of nonstop camping & AFK checks to attain the mana stone.

The current drop rate is completely conjecture - We all know it used to spawn quite commonly and at some point the drop rate was nerfed. But it just seems it is nerfed from the get-go. I've been at the camp now for 12 hours and not a single stone has dropped. I'm number 5 in line. It's just ridiculous...
Old 11-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Please keep in mind all of the legacy items are "want to have" items and not "need to have" items. You can get all the way up to endgame Velious raiding without them.

No need to physically make yourself suffer for X number of hours at the computer over this stuff. If you do, that's on you and your weird grasp of life priorities.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyftfingers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The drop rate is likely 10%. This is just terrible. PLEASE consider revising the drop rate of manastones. It is unbearable. Most folks are spending on average at least 12 hours per stone - With a line of 4-5 people permanently camping it, it's taking the average player in excess of 48 hours of nonstop camping & AFK checks to attain the mana stone.

The current drop rate is completely conjecture - We all know it used to spawn quite commonly and at some point the drop rate was nerfed. But it just seems it is nerfed from the get-go. I've been at the camp now for 12 hours and not a single stone has dropped. I'm number 5 in line. It's just ridiculous...
No. The server will be absolutely flooded with these things if the drop rate is higher after the green/teal remerge. I’ve said it before but it bears repeating. Keep the drop rate low, if the cost of server integrity is some people (heaven forbid) going without a manastone that is a small price to pay. If it is unbearable then make the healthy choice and don’t bear it. Leave it for the neckbeards.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

No one should care about the number of manastones after merger. A merger won't occur until Kunark at the earliest likely. No reason to worry about manastones count when the bulk of the server is in non-manastone zones.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server will be absolutely flooded with these things if the drop rate is higher after the green/teal remerge.
that'd be good tho?
Old 12-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Guys are you really spending over a full 24 hours at this camp? Like you are sitting at your computer for 24+ hours? WTF is wrong with all of you.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

I wanted to revisit Drakkan's post about the drop rate of Manastones, because I found more info from him on Graffe's in October 1999:

Quote:
Drakkan Dragonsbane of the Covenant of Blood guild on Prexus sent in more confirming info on the disappearance of the Mana Stone:
"What the user submission said is no joke. Myself and a party of friends camped the Evil Eye in lower guk live side from 8:00pm PST On Saturday the 16th to 4:00am PST Monday the 18th. Do the math:
32 hour period
Less ~8 hours for sleep, food, etc
-
24 consecutive Evil eye camping hours
35 minutes per spawn leaves:
-
41 Eye or placeholder spawns
About 8 or 10 of which were placeholder live frogloks
-
Leaves over thirty consecutive confirmed Evil Eye kills on Prexus, yielding no manastones. Bring our stones back!"
Thank you Drakkan!

http://web.archive.org/web/200009181...ctober31st.htm
That's a decent sample size for the ratio of eyes to PHers, if nothing else. And I'll repost his newsgroup thread from below:

Quote:
10/20/99

Dear Brad, Verant, John, anyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is the stoppage of manastone spawn (1) a bug? (2) an
intentional change? (3) a temporary change? Since Wednesday the 13ths
patch nobody on any server that I have friends on has seen a manastone
drop off the Evil Eye in live side lower Guk. I personally camped the
EE for 24 real-time hours, going through 30+ evil eyes (not including
placeholders) and not one single stone was dropped. Everyone I've
talked to has said for the longest time the ratio is about 1 in 8.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....c/4YkGk0ctJ7QJ
I will have a look at CoB's website and see if there's any info there to pry out. But I'd think with such a large sample size and what he's saying about the drop rate that this should be given some weight.

(Just FYI I play a Bard and couldn't give a shit about the manastone drop rate, heh. I just hate mysteries, they itch)

Edit: Also from that Graffe link:

Quote:
Anonymous Viewer sent this in: "I heard a rumor the night before the last patch (solusek ro patch) that manastones will no longer be dropped by the Evil Eye in Lower Guk. Since the patch.. I have killed the eye 26 times and nothing.. a friend has killed it about 15 times and nothing.. and another friend has done 5-10 without getting one. I'm beginning to think that the rumor is more than just a rumor."
Puts more bounds on what the "expected" drop rate would have been.

Oh and hilariously, I think Drakkan may have been this guy who fell asleep camping the manastone lol:

Quote:
A fellow guildie in Covenant of Blood on live back in 99 got stuck in a death loop. He was a wizard and he bound himself at the Evil eye camp in lower guk.. He was camping the manastone and fell asleep. I think he lost about 8 levels or so. The GM's thankfully restored his character.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=28
Last edited by Dolalin; 01-14-2020 at 06:40 AM..
Closed Thread