Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-13-2016, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Archery....is using STR as a modifier....instead of DEX!!!!

So we stripped him naked and had him archery with low str...and it was true!!! Archering is using the wrong stat!!! Crazy? I agree!! Super crazy!!
Actually, this indicates that Str affects archery damage, but does not necessarily indicate that Dex doesn't affect archery damage. I'm saying maybe both Str and Dex are affecting it. What happens to your archery damage when you remove your dex gear?
Last edited by Videri; 05-13-2016 at 04:39 AM..
Old 05-13-2016, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, this indicates that Str affects archery damage, but does not necessarily indicate that Dex doesn't affect archery damage. I'm saying maybe both Str and Dex are affecting it. What happens to your archery damage when you remove your dex gear?
It stays the same. We saw this with the other archer tonight, since we were hitting the same amounts when he took off his STR stuff too (we have similar bows).
Old 05-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Ya I noticed this when playing both my rangers and bow rotting mobs. Dex is only a factor for your crit chance.
Last edited by Lartanin63; 05-13-2016 at 11:13 AM..
Old 05-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

What this bug post is missing is research/Classic proof...

http://web.archive.org/web/200004142...erquest+News#0

Quote:
STR: determines how much you can carry; influences maximum and average damage; influences how quickly you learn many offensive skills

DEX: how quickly you learn weapon skills; how often weapon will proc; how quickly you learn rogue skills; how hard you hit with bows

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 05-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free bump for a big bug.
lmao, rekt. (rekt me)
Old 05-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Here is the relevant text from the wiki, for those that are lazy. I realize that this is not wholey evidence, as the wiki is player created. The facts, however, are supported by the following patch "announcements" provided by User:Maximum
http://web.archive.org/web/20000414211531/http://www.neriak.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/pazuzu/powernews.cgi?General+Everquest+News#0

Please note that Neriak.com was a third party site.

Quote:
Archery damage depends on DEX the SAME way melee attack damage depends on STR. STR has no effect on archery damage.

ATK has exactly the same importance for archery that it has for melee.

However, str doesn't change archery atk, only dex does.

REMINDER : the ATK value shown in EQ is the MAIN HAND MELEE ATK only, and does not apply to offhand nor to archery. Off hand and archery atk are calculated the same way that main hand atk is calculated, but use their own values for skill ( slashing/piercing/archery) and for stat ( str used also for off hand, but dex for archery).

Items that increase ATK do influence archery ATK

Dex affects critical hit rate for archery.

Procs and critical hits are based on dex for both melee and archery.

Critical hit rates for archery on war and rngs = critical hit rates on melee for war (Rangers Archery Crit Hit at Level 17+)

Haste affects bow delay the same way it effects melee.

Can we get Elle or one of those other Wizards to help us plebs look into this bug? Or Elle, could you shoot me some tips on where to go hunting? Google is a big place.
Last edited by Porky; 05-13-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Old 05-13-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

I found this too, from 2000. http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/warriorfaq.htm#7

"DEX: how quickly you learn weapon skills; how often weapon will proc; how quickly you learn rogue skills; how hard you hit with bows (per Abashi, dex also increases the chance of critical hits)"

It looks like we have enough info now!! They should do an emergency hot-patch to fix it!!!! This is probably the most top priority bug ever to have ever been found in ever.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found this too, from 2000. http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/warriorfaq.htm#7

"DEX: how quickly you learn weapon skills; how often weapon will proc; how quickly you learn rogue skills; how hard you hit with bows (per Abashi, dex also increases the chance of critical hits)"

It looks like we have enough info now!! They should do an emergency hot-patch to fix it!!!! This is probably the most top priority bug ever to have ever been found in ever.
Nice find, but GL with that emergency hot patch. I hope it does get fixed soon. Gives me a reason to make a ranger as it seems they are getting closer to being completely usable.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

This is top notch stop the press stuff but everyone knows the servers top priority and most debilitating bug atm is knight defense skill caps.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is top notch stop the press stuff but everyone knows the servers top priority and most debilitating bug atm is knight defense skill caps.
No, no, no. Knights are intentionally on the wrong hit table and intentionally have the wrong defensive skill caps.

It's a feature.

Hope this helps.