Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Orc

I highly recommend one of these: https://wiki.project1999.com/Leather...aider_Skullcap

I consider that the best item in the game. It saved me a LOT of hassle on at least 3 occasions in bear pits where things went horribly wrong. A simple right click and I don't need to beg a cleric to come to the furthest corner of the world to help me.

With an alt with a second cap parked at an accessible vendor, you can recharge yourself within a couple minutes and be back in business as well. The recharge probably costs less than it would cost to pay a cleric to come out as well.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

How much does it (approximately) cost to recharge one out of curiosity?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does it (approximately) cost to recharge one out of curiosity?
90pp per hat, or ~180pp for a 1:1 recharge.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for info! The skullcap is a pretty sweet item!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Orc

I love the bear pits. I hate the bear pits. went from 54 to 60 there. I agree that duoing is safer and is nice to have someone there to pass the time. no haste on bears. ugh..so much risk. I think it's the best exp in the game for 55+ soloing / duoing.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

I guess I better jump in again and give my bear pit report. After I died and got my rez, I hit the pits again, top level and I worked a tactic that I was paying very close attetion and thinking ahead of what might happen and everything was turning out fine with no problems.

By the fourth day, I had problems again and I noticed that the problems come all at the same time. I charmed one bear and rooted the 2nd bear. Both bears started fighting and about a minute in, the charm broke on the bear and he came at me. I had a little distance so I tried charming again and just as soon as it hits the bear. The bear happens to hit me and my spell casting is interrupted. I start to cast root and same thing happens, casting interrupted. I turn to get some distance from the bear and the bear and wolf in the back cave attacks me. I tried casting root again and casting interrupted again. I run a little to get some distance to recast root and the spider kills me. I never made it past the trap in the ceiling but the spider killed me?

Now I was able to get another rez but right now, I don't know if I want continue the bear pits. It's great experience but it's almost as if something goes wrong and you can't gain control again, you are dead.

If I head back, I will get a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap because its the quickest way to get out of any bad situation. I'll also see about bringing someone with me for backup.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

Ensnare your charmed mob and the one you are fighting too if you weren't already, it also helps to keep up sow (port out, cast sow, gate back in).
Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I better jump in again and give my bear pit report. After I died and got my rez, I hit the pits again, top level and I worked a tactic that I was paying very close attetion and thinking ahead of what might happen and everything was turning out fine with no problems.

By the fourth day, I had problems again and I noticed that the problems come all at the same time. I charmed one bear and rooted the 2nd bear. Both bears started fighting and about a minute in, the charm broke on the bear and he came at me. I had a little distance so I tried charming again and just as soon as it hits the bear. The bear happens to hit me and my spell casting is interrupted. I start to cast root and same thing happens, casting interrupted. I turn to get some distance from the bear and the bear and wolf in the back cave attacks me. I tried casting root again and casting interrupted again. I run a little to get some distance to recast root and the spider kills me. I never made it past the trap in the ceiling but the spider killed me?

Now I was able to get another rez but right now, I don't know if I want continue the bear pits. It's great experience but it's almost as if something goes wrong and you can't gain control again, you are dead.

If I head back, I will get a Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap because its the quickest way to get out of any bad situation. I'll also see about bringing someone with me for backup.
High risk, high reward [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Part of the fun of the bear pits is how the danger keeps you on your toes, keeps you from becoming complacent and lazy. Much like the raptors in timorous deep. It's all too common to snooze on boring camps and lose your concentration and attentiveness. If you fuck up or slack in these places it will ruin you, and make it hard to get a rez, which ideally keeps you engaged and paying attention.

it fun. good camp. good exp.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Back cave up top has a bugged mob. I usually dont mess with those solo. Mobs fleeing up the stairs is a death sentence so watch out for tha too