Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

As a rogue I love it when a SK tanks in my groups. Hell i had Two SK's and a ranger in my group last night. I guess it depends if people are trying to lvl really fast which I'm not really sure why you want to at this point but oh well everyone plays differently.. Thing is SK/PAlly can hold aggro for me to Backstab stuff where a warrior usually just is dps while the mob runs around. Yes root works but I don't see it used a ton since mana pools and stuff are low.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People want real tanks. Every warrior in my groups so far has meant the mobs attack everyone except the warrior.
Lol this^ I could grab agro at will on my SK.

And thanks assholes, seeing all the troll sk's in game and all the sk posts made it impossible to ignore on my nice easy to level shaman. I caved in and resurrected my original first toon from live launch a troll sk.

Pro tip- bought a player crafted 2-hand sword and made lvl 3 in about an hour. Surprisingly better than I thought it would be (the weapon) and was a nice feeling before the pain starts.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Orc

I would like to chime in as a paladin tank at 25. I havnt gotten on any alts yet so I dont really have any other basis of comparison for xp gain per hour as a paladin versus warrior or cleric.

I do know that I have grouped with a few warriors and they were basically a rogue without back stab that couldn't build and hold threat. I joined a group with a warrior in it and purposely was just auto attacking with my two hander and yaulping. I wanted the warrior to have his turn tanking, he was in the group before me so didnt seem fair to spam flash.

But then the rogue started backstabbing and getting pummeled. Then the cleric would drop a fat heal on the rogue and get pummeled. Then the wizard panicked and started nuking from orbit (because its the only way to be sure) and got pummeled before I gave up and started flashing to hold aggro.

I felt bad for the warrior, but even more bad for the group who had obviously been playing this way for a few hours before I joined. That was right before the server rebooted for teal launch and the warrior didnt log back in afterwards.

I know in the 20's I am having a harder and harder time finding tanks to replace me when I need to leave a group. I know when I log on, I am not LFG for very long and often get tells for people starting groups or tells from tanks asking me to replace them.

I have gotten 2 groups gripe at me for my hybrid xp tax, but then thank me for joining so the hybrid taxed xp could continue to flow.

Just wanted to echo the other comments that people know the tax, they feel the tax, they hate the tax, but they have no alternatives right now. I am sure that will change once warriors start getting yaks though.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Can a dex focused warrior with obsidian shards or whatever even sort of keep up with a pal or sk?
Old 11-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a dex focused warrior with obsidian shards or whatever even sort of keep up with a pal or sk?
They do better but if a pal or sk wants the agro they can still take it from said warrior.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The agro values from some of the SK's spells, the debuffs/dot/snares dont do "a lot" but generate a ton of snap agro. At the party level warriors just dont have the agro tools of a SK and too a lesser degree pally. Raids is where warriors shin.
Closed Thread