Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Default Maintaining Overthere Outpost faction

I wanted to hear some thoughts about troll/ogre/dark elf life in Kunark, once you have your Hammer.

If you want to maintain your Outpost faction you have to avoid KC, HS and Kaesora, unless you get to VP where you can restore it. Not sure if VP is realistic for the average guy...

If you destroy your faction you can still bank by exploiting a LOS bug (is that bannable or overlooked by GMs?). You can sell at a merchant in OT outside the Outpost.

So it doesn't seem the end of the world to trash faction, though in the past few days as I have been gathering braids I regularly see hammering players being smooshed by the cliff golem, and I don't know how easily you can slip round to the bank what with dragoons lurking everywhere.

This is my first evil character, L40 troll shaman, so before I get to 50+ I would like to hear feedback about how most people play their Outpost faction with an evil character. Is getting FV faction a sensible thing to try for I wonder?
Old 01-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Considering that you have a troll shaman capable of Invis, I'd trash the faction once you don't need it since you can Invis to bank and use the mudpit merchant to sell (greedy merchant) or Mortician merchant in Cabilis (not greedy, neutral faction). Or if you are really feeling slick, you can always burn a Halfling Guise illusion to do whatever you want in Firiona Vie and turn in another halfling head to get a new guise. If you're a Cazic shaman though I guess you're burned on the last bit.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Skeleton

FV faction isn't so bad as you can get most of it done farming Grachnist the Destroyer, which is a reasonably worthwhile camp to do anyway even without the faction.

I think I got to dubious after farming two earrings, and then bear form takes me to kindly, I think.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Dont worry about your faction post hammer. As a shaman, HS is a great solo spot for you, I recommend it. If you really want to get the faction back, make friends with people in guilds that do VP, get a key and either join the guild, or ask to come along simply for faction hits. They might let you, would only take 1-2 VP clears to go from max kos, to not kos
Old 01-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Its most important for shamans because the spell vendors in FV alternatively are not on FV faction meaning you'll have to tip someone to buy em for you. For most other classes the FV spell vendors are on FV faction which is easily maxed purely without trying for most folks.

And when I say OT faction is most important for evil shamans, I'm not even saying its important at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Skipping HS and KC as a shaman would not be worth it IMO.

Ports are so easy to get on this server I don't think there is ever any reason to do anything at OT fort.

I have never been like "oh shit why did a ruin my OT faction"...Has literally never happened in 5 years
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or Mortician merchant in Cabilis (not greedy, neutral faction)
outstanding. Thank you
Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

how do u bank if you are kos and cannot fd? if you invis and click on banker, dont u lose invis?
Old 01-04-2019, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how do u bank if you are kos and cannot fd? if you invis and click on banker, dont u lose invis?
Dunno how it works here, but on live you could bank even when KOS so long as you were out of agro range. Here I think there is a LOS trick, I see KOS people banking in NFP from around the corner.

On live, the goblin banker in Runnyeye was low enough level that I could bank with my KOS paladin (paladin was level 50 or high 40's, low enough to get a smidgen of xp off the tougher mobs after revamp) at the edge of the range you could open the bank from. If I got too close he would agro and then i'd have to root & relog to use him. Bet he'd agro a L60 here tho, green agro seems a bit over the top on p99.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

you can bank in OT through the wall from the outside.. wait until the goons head out, hope you dont aggro the golem, and steer clear of rottgrime
Closed Thread