Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Default Best *purchasable* weapon(s) for an epic'd Monk?

Question. For a 50+ (theoretically) Iksar Monk with epic.

What are the best Primary and Secondary weapons that are able to be purchased?
Should Main hand remain empty?

I used to be under the impression that secondary delay was whatever the primary delay is, but I'm finding now that this is an incorrect belief.

So with that said, what weapon(s) should I ultimately aim to have on my non-raiding Monk if money is not really an issue?
Old 07-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

If you are talking dropable ada club or sos is really all you need, or looting the no drop scepter in kael if you are able to camp that yourself. Tstaff is nice for soloing if you have plat to burn. That is outside of buying raid loot.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:10 AM
Kobold

So Main-hand fist, and SoS Off-hand?
Old 07-30-2018, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

I honestly prefer Addy Club for soloing (dd+stun)/grouping if I need to keep agro. Only use SoS on raids.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnicle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question. For a 50+ (theoretically) Iksar Monk with epic.

What are the best Primary and Secondary weapons that are able to be purchased?
Should Main hand remain empty?

I used to be under the impression that secondary delay was whatever the primary delay is, but I'm finding now that this is an incorrect belief.

So with that said, what weapon(s) should I ultimately aim to have on my non-raiding Monk if money is not really an issue?
Weapon swapping with a runed figher staff or tranquil staff if not raiding and money isn't an issue.

Your epic will turn your primary/secondary into 9/16 when you have no weapons equipped.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

everywhere i see people say epic first + 1hb dual wield outdps 2hb (such as tstaff), and tstaff is only good for solo/tank because of riposte and aggro proc

my question is, if epic dual wield outdps tstaff why would i use tstaff to solo? i know i take less damage with 2hb but i also deal much less dmg, throwing in the random chance of riposte happening (is it even frequent enough to make up for the dps difference?) - seem like epic dual wield soloing is probably more efficient?

so does tstaff come down to aggro element only? it is only good when you need to tank in a group?
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 AM
Banned

Unequip and re equip your tstaff every couple of seconds to let your offhand swing. Get RSI a bard would be proud of.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my question is, if epic dual wield outdps tstaff why would i use tstaff to solo?
The general idea is that the stun on tranquil staff can reduce the number of incoming hits. But if you do more inconsistent damage with two handed weapons larger damage range and whiffy wonkiness, the health saved from stuns can be offset by increased fight length.

I've been unimpressed with tranquil staff, both on several 60 monks and my 52.

I haven't cared enough to do too many parses with epic/SoS vs Tstaff, only about a dozen or so of each and they were both really streaky and impossible to draw any conclusions.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So parse it?
so stfu or leave constructive comments?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The general idea is that the stun on tranquil staff can reduce the number of incoming hits. But if you do more inconsistent damage with two handed weapons larger damage range and whiffy wonkiness, the health saved from stuns can be offset by increased fight length.

I've been unimpressed with tranquil staff, both on several 60 monks and my 52.

I haven't cared enough to do too many parses with epic/SoS vs Tstaff, only about a dozen or so of each and they were both really streaky and impossible to draw any conclusions.
agree - the point is that there is randomness (also low frequency) of tstaff proc and 2hb riposte, and it may not justify tstaff as the go-to weapon when soloing
Closed Thread