Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure would, albeit this sounds like history repeating itself and evulz team just dominating.
Unless we're smart enough to keep Kunark closed at the beginning.
Keep Kunark closed altogether. It's a completely different game to vanilla.

.. Having iksar their own faction could work too if we must suffer epics, fungis and so on.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar should just join evil races upon kunark release.

Good- Barbarian, Dwarf, Halfling, High Elf, Wood Elf
Neutral- Erudite, Gnome, Half Elf, Human
Evil- Dark Elf, Iksar, Ogre, Troll
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

I would try a server like this.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar should just join evil races upon kunark release.

Good- Barbarian, Dwarf, Halfling, High Elf, Wood Elf
Neutral- Erudite, Gnome, Half Elf, Human
Evil- Dark Elf, Iksar, Ogre, Troll
Yeah I just worry that Evil would be too strong.

Dark Elves are already the most popular choice for every caster, and many clerics. Until Kunark comes out that is, and then Iksar seem to take over. Both being on the same team, appears problematic.

Red99 is such low pop because it has a garbage "afterthought" ruleset, that had to be altered so many times... If we had a strong, consistent, fun ruleset from the start, people would play it.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Good races are coming in pretty frigin strong imo...
Neutral is a nice balance allow a pick from both evil and good classes.
mind you evil has no druids... meaning only wizard ports. So that put's them at a slight disadvantage in terms of travel,. Especially if and when a raid target pops.

Evil races are strong when they're not competing against neutral and good races... Try to detach from non-team based ideals.
Last edited by Baler; 05-23-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 05-23-2017, 01:47 PM
Orc

I wonder if this is why Sullon Zek worked out, because it was deity based. I don't know what deities Dark Elves can be, but it's possible that there could be both Nerutral and Evil Dark Elves, helping to avoid the problem of evil being overpowered. I personally prefer the idea of deity based alliances as I think it opens up the door to more diverse teams versus a race based one.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if this is why Sullon Zek worked out, because it was deity based. I don't know what deities Dark Elves can be, but it's possible that there could be both Nerutral and Evil Dark Elves, helping to avoid the problem of evil being overpowered. I personally prefer the idea of deity based alliances as I think it opens up the door to more diverse teams versus a race based one.
Yes, Dark Elves were mostly Innoruuk (evil) but had the option to be Agnostic (neutral).

I think we need a mix of both. I like the mostly-race based system because it allows people who all start in X area, for example Neriak, to group and be on the same team.

If you use the SZ style strict-deity based system, you could have people in Freeport from all 3 factions.

I think ideally, you should not encounter people from the enemy faction until you are OUT of your starting city and noob zone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the concern about basing it on religion is that it makes it obvious which team certain players are on (eg. Ogres are clearly evil) but it makes it impossible to tell which team other players (eg. Humans) are on, because the same race with different religions can be on multiple teams.

That being said, personally I think something like the color of your name should be enough to identify your team, and I think it'd be worse to make the teams unbalanced and obvious than to be balanced and sometimes ambiguous.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, Dark Elves were mostly Innoruuk (evil) but had the option to be Agnostic (neutral).
I disagree. I think for DE it honestly doesn't matter what religon you pick. For erudite however. Agnostic all the frigin way. There are far more random npcs who have strange hate towards dark elves. Erudites are like the ultimate neutral race.

Racism is alive and well in everquest.

---

HOWEVER this brings up an INTERESTING question!!!

Would cities factions be based on teams or regular EQ?
Old 05-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evil races are strong when they're not competing against neutral and good races... Try to detach from non-team based ideals.
But you see, I've played through Sullon Zek when it was alive, and I've played Red99 for a long time.

Ogres, Trolls, Dark Elves, Iksar are ALL extremely strong and popular in PvP.
Closed Thread