Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default Your favorite nostalgic moment on Live

I am curious what your favorite memories from Live are... I have two very distinct memories.

The first is when Velious came out, I remember me and two pals, Suldivan the paladin and Bezer the rogue running through the snow and heading into Thurgadin, that was a moment of real excitement seeing a brand new city, with all the dwarfs!

My other really fun moment was on my troll warrior Elfmelter... I was pulling and tanking in Paw, and really had a great synergy going, must have been my first really good group where I felt like a boss. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ahh, another great memory was on SZ, in Runnyeye chasing Jebekn the necromancer who really knew RE well... I remember how much we hated him and tried so hard to kill him lol. He would jump into the water and find all kinds of ways to avoid deaths I was always impressed with Jebekn!

I got tons of memories actually now that I am thinking about it, especially from SZ because that was when I really got into not only EQ but PVP.

What memories do you have that really stand out in your mind when you think back to earlier times on EQ?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Staring at the server list for 6 straight hours waiting for stuff to come up after a patch.

Also, the first two days of the teams pvp beta on the test server before the dedicated server came up. 100 newbs in gfay, total chaos, people somehow skilling up blacksmithing enough to make banded armor within a day. Most fun I ever had on EQ, even if I got bored and stopped after 2 days.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Crazy how some memories from live were as personal as a cubicle mate.

I've got some good ones from my live cleric on Morell-Thule where trains in Blackburrow would be shouted and then this one guy who I became v. close with turned into a FDing monk maniac. He'd hit the wall after the door and drop. One day he comes around the bend with that I got a train on my feel to him and a few folks at the wall..just drops on the spot. Sometimes you can't help but laugh, I'll always remember Smeene Pie W00t ~!!

The basic memories are fun but it's also crazy how sometimes characters carry into what you are thinking of the role in real life. I always lonered on my monk, and I have this distinct memory of spending hours in Thurg working on Bracer of Hammerfall quest. I feel like I can do pottery and work with clay because I put my brain to use on that hammer quest.
Didn't play live originally beyond Velious so I'm thankful for P99.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:10 AM
Skeleton

My first venture into the game I started a Human Warrior. Started in Freeport and decided I wanted to travel to Qeynos because I was told it was far away and it seemed like a challenge. I was level 17 at the time and I didn't make it very far maybe to Kith forest.

I had asked for help after a while and eventually a character named Lillianiserynn saved me and helped me with my corpse run. In the end she gave me a Crystalline sword? I dunno it was a two-handed sword and it was way better than what I was using.

My other adventure that sticks out in my head was the time I got ported from EC to Gfay. Oh my god. I was surrounded by the first wizard spires I had seen before. I was afraid.. I thought it was dangerous and had no idea what would happen next.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

I have 3 favourites [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1: Getting my bard epic because some RL friends were in the servers top guild and had the entire guild come kill Gore for me even tho they had guildies who needed the scale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2: Killing Sontalak and Vindi with some good friends.

3: Soloing in Sirens Grotto on my bard, but this was during luclin or pop.
Last edited by jarlerop; 02-21-2017 at 03:16 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

My first time in blackburrow, fell right through that tree. Fun times.

Witnessed a couple weddings on live, GMs were always there to officiate it. They also gave out wedding gifts and fireworks to everyone that attended. Nothing serious but cool stuff.

The halloween event, everyone running around like crazy to kill halloween mobs for their unique loot (that was actually pretty good). I miss my jack o lantern helmet from live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Our server (the rathe) was the first server that awoke the sleeper as well. Although we didnt kill it. It was pretty cool although I didn't see it itself. We got messages during the sleeper event and I just remember everyone in EC tunnel going crazy.

My first naggy raid and kill was cool. I was overleveled for it and didnt get to fight but I got to watch.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

when I finally won a koadic's robe of heightened focus.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:30 AM
Sarnak

The evil races invasion of MM on VZ. The good races fled in terror(well, not really) before us and there was an epic fight. We got to exp there for about an hour before the hated enemy returned in force.

So many good stories like this.

Then, when the servers merged into Zek. After a lot of trash talking from SZ, calling us "bluebies" and such(since FFA PvP was such much more awesome that Team PvP), it was extremely satisfying to stomp their behinds. I believe <Hate> was the only guild who even put up a moderate amount of resistance. Even so, the initial clash between all the Zek servers to establish what's what was epic as all hell. Perhaps, since we were used to work as a team and always facing teams of players in PvP we had the edge?

But despite the above statement, the trash talk, the banter, I only got love for the Zek servers and those who played there. Such times will never come again(unless Camelot Unchained is a success).
Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

Getting my first epic on my bard via hosting public raids. "Not sure if that can even be a thing on p99 =("
Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

First set of cured silk armour on my Monk, who I still play to this day
Closed Thread