Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which system will you be playing Mass Effect:Andromeda on?
PC 13 76.47%
Xbox One 2 11.76%
PS4 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woke. who you know in any other game that got it poppin with both swords and sorcery and guns? the spell system whooped enough ass ase as it is, ARMAGEDDON was a WIDE AREA death spell. Whats poppin now big boi.

i completed the game therefore i got it poppin with the guns. did u?

little taste for the Lune's out there who had their head up their ass.

that is like...1/100th of the aspect of the game.
looks autistic, ill have to try it
Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yo idk what the fuk im talking about itt. what's the 1 with the overworld screen and like RTS combat?? that's the 1 I like

i thought u were referring to this game that got a Sega port with the hmm6 talk??? like a OLD ass game. but it's from 2011???? my brain messed up bro will u help me??
lmao i thought something was up when you kept mentioning Heroes but i wasnt gonna have no civil discourse about it.

Heroes 2 and 3 were def classic RTS games tho, hella fun there too. I was more of a Heroes 2 guy personally, used to play online against my pal on Dial-up. thats a whole nother rush of nostalgia im saving for later days.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 03-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eternal sonata really? omg melon. did you play it coop?
mhmm, i sure did and i even accidentally done beat it! it the second game i ever beat ^^
Old 03-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks autistic, ill have to try it
Designers definitely don't put this kind of effort into itemizaton/skill systems today because it might hurt someones brain because they have to make a tradeoff or they can't have EVERYTHING.

There is still stuff that I learned in 2017 about the start of the game from watching a few mins Beginning video on youtube the other night. Its one of those games that either you hit success with, or you fail at. Example, there is a fucking NPC in the starting town that you can hire into your party and then you can interact with it to make it cast Town Portal and global teleport spells to the other cities.

None of my friends knew about that back in 1998, and the 1k page PRIMA guide doesn't mention it. We walked everywhere, no portals, ever. Brad McQuaid would have been proud of us.

as far as the sprites/graphics go, people say its like a book, it leaves it to your mind to detail your own mental picture. The world is actually so dangerous that you really don't pay any attention to sprites anyway, and when you discover a monolith or a weird cult temple in the middle of nowhere, you care about the temple, raiding the interior for rare artifact loot, and how much aggro you have, not how good the sprites are. It is a loot intensive game.

your mostly cycling bow-shots, running, kiting, hauling ass, healing or something along those lines. I preferred ranged bow combat, melee tanking wasn't my thing.

If the sprites bother you, best way to mitigate is to design a ranged-based party. All bow users/spell casters. but really, if you flip the turn-based switch on in melee range, the sprites are fine.

Worst case, you can use a character editor if you need a boost/correction because you built wrong or your party composition sucks.

Party composition, and being able to gimp yourself by selecting a shitty party, is also something modern RPG are lacking and won't be returning to.

The pleasure you get from rifling through a chest or bookcase in a temple/dungeon and getting some legit loot is something that maybe only Dark Souls tried to capture.

LAST THING if you check this out, might want to make sure RODERICK the knightly guy with the black hair is in your group/leader. His voiceover effect when you loot and discover a big item is a huge part of the game. we had our 7th grade class saying it.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-30-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 03-30-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Designers definitely don't put this kind of effort into itemizaton/skill systems today because it might hurt someones brain because they have to make a tradeoff or they can't have EVERYTHING.

There is still stuff that I learned in 2017 about the start of the game from watching a few mins Beginning video on youtube the other night. Its one of those games that either you hit success with, or you fail at. Example, there is a fucking NPC in the starting town that you can hire into your party and then you can interact with it to make it cast Town Portal and global teleport spells to the other cities.

None of my friends knew about that back in 1998, and the 1k page PRIMA guide doesn't mention it. We walked everywhere, no portals, ever. Brad McQuaid would have been proud of us.

as far as the sprites/graphics go, people say its like a book, it leaves it to your mind to detail your own mental picture. The world is actually so dangerous that you really don't pay any attention to sprites anyway, and when you discover a monolith or a weird cult temple in the middle of nowhere, you care about the temple, raiding the interior for rare artifact loot, and how much aggro you have, not how good the sprites are. It is a loot intensive game.

your mostly cycling bow-shots, running, kiting, hauling ass, healing or something along those lines. I preferred ranged bow combat, melee tanking wasn't my thing.

If the sprites bother you, best way to mitigate is to design a ranged-based party. All bow users/spell casters. but really, if you flip the turn-based switch on in melee range, the sprites are fine.

Worst case, you can use a character editor if you need a boost/correction because you built wrong or your party composition sucks.

Party composition, and being able to gimp yourself by selecting a shitty party, is also something modern RPG are lacking and won't be returning to.

The pleasure you get from rifling through a chest or bookcase in a temple/dungeon and getting some legit loot is something that maybe only Dark Souls tried to capture.

LAST THING if you check this out, might want to make sure RODERICK the knightly guy with the black hair is in your group/leader. His voiceover effect when you loot and discover a big item is a huge part of the game. we had our 7th grade class saying it.
my woke detector beeping tagged for later reading
Old 03-31-2017, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Once per day during the rising or setting of the sun, casters may call upon the heavens to heal the characters of all damage, restore their spell points, and remove all adverse conditions. The gods exact a price, however, aging the caster 10 years for each Divine Intervention.
One time during a fun run, I spell-hacked to give myself large mana pools.

So I was doing a fuck load of casting on my cleric. needless to say, my guys were very very very old.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 AM
Aviak

my face is tired O.O
I refused to eat that strange bean curd
I wouldn't eat it, WOW!
But it ate you!

Ah eeeeeeeh oooooooooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooooooh eeeeeeeh oooooooh, Killer tofu!

I eat my sugar cereal
But it makes my teeth bacterial (Eeyaeyo, Eeyae)
If you feel kinda cruddy, (Eeyae)
Just stick right by your buddy (Eeyaeyo)
I don't eat, t-t-t-t-t-too much fried food!
Old 03-31-2017, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

just loaded up MM6

not tired when you have good games to play. Andromelakabloca is hot garbage, this thread is now about RPG classics.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Anyway, I'm leaving New Sorpigal now, but before I do, I discovered a fun trick. It turns out if you stand on the bank porch and jump, you can clip through the balcony above you enough to click on the room up there. That means you can get to the Expert Air trainer without using Fly/Jump. I didn't know that until today. I've never seen anyone mention it before. I just decided I'd give it a try to see, and it worked.
There are about a million more cooler easter eggs in this game and EQ style shortcuts and unintended game manipulation ala classic EQ. These guys are constantly finding secret bonus items hidden in places, weird exploits (plane clipping exploit for fast travel) and other stuff.

Quote:
Traps like the fireball trap in the Temple of Baa normally fire at a set rate. However, if you advance time with the rest menu, the cooldown will reset without removing any fired projectiles. This means you can effectively cause multiple instances of the trap to fire at the same time. I first discovered this when I got hit by three fireballs within on second.
Woke. Again, people replay and keep finding new mechanics and dying accidentally because of them.

Does Androfuckcashgrabalacka have any of that? Didn't think so. keep drooling on your on-rails shitass world exploring.

Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 03-31-2017 at 03:30 AM..
Old 04-08-2017, 07:28 AM
Orc

PC all the way. Piratebay that Sh!t for free and save yourself a few bucks to buy a new game on the Nintendo Switch. Good Deal.
Closed Thread