Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Default EQ Halloween 2001

Does anyone recall the Halloween event from live 2001? I just vaguely remember a few fragments like red sky in Rathe Mountains with Dracholiche type mobs running around. Also I think the ending of the story was in East Karana, at the bottom of the cliffs by the ramp up towards Highpass Hold. Would be fun to hear if anyone can fill in more. Only thing I'm 100% sure of is that it was in 2001.

Ultimately it would be awesome if there was a way to recover this quest/script and run it on P99.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Aviak

I remember it being one of the best events EVER. Undead everywhere, random chances of good loot for all levels dropping all over. It was a great community thing that I still remember fondly today.
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 11-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

There was a really cool all all robe with crappy stats that dropped that looked like robe of the elements but I used the opportunity to camp jboots on rallos zek that weekend amd fonally got the ring for my necro Hobby
Old 11-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember it being one of the best events EVER. Undead everywhere, random chances of good loot for all levels dropping all over. It was a great community thing that I still remember fondly today.
Yeah that's right it involved a lot of zones in classic. Can't remember anything from the actual story though.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Kobold

If i remember correctly even the Guise was dropping that night again on random mobs. Could be wrong on the event, but sounds so familiar in the back of my head.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's right it involved a lot of zones in classic.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werewolves in Everfrost (as part of a GM event on live back in the day; I think it was a Halloween one).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Aviak

I remember wc being invaded by werewolves and qeynos hills had a skelly invasion
Old 11-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Some stuff I flagged in my archives regarding halloween GM events:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5643

https://web.archive.org/web/20021111.../halloween.htm

On live in era I remember the blood reaver kill in Rathe Mountains, was a cluster for sure. Weapon was decent upgrade to me at the time on my warrior, but on 10 year+ velious locked server most would consider it lame and not worth the effort. Would be great for refresh server tho.
Last edited by Rygar; 11-01-2018 at 03:29 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Aviak

I don't think this event involved GM's. It was more like temporary changes to a bunch of zones and some sort of quest/story. Also I want to remember that it lasted more than one day, but I'm not sure on that.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

I remember the event, and I had a bard at the time that picked up a 13/26 mace that was no drop, primary / secondary from Rathe Mountain zone. A lot of mobs there were dropping the random items used by different specific classes.
Closed Thread