Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love advice like you should spend two months playing a character you don't like so you can farm equipment for the one you do like.
this one kills me too lol
Old 03-31-2021, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this one kills me too lol
/agree.

Just beating up decayed skeletons for 4 levels with a tarnished halberd gets plenty of pp for a decent enough ratio weapon and a suit of banded, doesn't take much longer to get some hp rings too. That will honestly carry you to 40. Not worth spending 2 months levelling a mage/necro for 2 months and farming marginally better gear imo.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-31-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Old 03-31-2021, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Poh Tay Toe!
Old 03-31-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/agree.

Just beating up decayed skeletons for 4 levels with a tarnished halberd gets plenty of pp for a decent enough ratio weapon and a suit of banded, doesn't take much longer to get some hp rings too. That will honestly carry you to 40. Not worth spending 2 months levelling a mage/necro for 2 months and farming marginally better gear imo.
/thread
Old 03-31-2021, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does a rogue really not out dps a mage pet? I know nothing keeps up with charm pets, but summoned pets are much less dps than a rouge or monk with proper gear/buffs, right? At 60 I mean.

The initial post makes a lot of assumptions about spell/pet damage vs melee.
I haven't done a ton of parsing and very little on level 60 players, but based on what I have seen, pets out damaging melee was much more common pre-kunark than post.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

All a rogue needs is epic and a seb croak dirk and he is #1 raid dps.

Don't even get me started on velious geared monks.

Good luck raiding successfully without a massive amount of warriors, rogues, and monks...hell, even rangers can be raid-saving speedbumps. Pallies are now the only ones bringing Soulfires to those AoW / Tunare / Vyemm kills. SK may be the only class to hate on, but they're still strong in single group xp / cash farm content and are perfectly fine trash tanks in hate / fear / tov / pog.

OP is either new, bad, or both.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-31-2021 at 10:57 AM..
Old 03-31-2021, 10:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also race plays an huge role, Warrior ogres are the most effective, the extra stamina ogres start with means 1k-2k extra hps 50+ level.
An Ogre warrior that went full stamina at creation would be at 157. The worst you can be is a Dark Elf or Woof Elf with a measly base of 75 (maybe you put all points into charisma).

At level 60 those 82 stat points would equal 492 HP, which is your worst case scenario.

For an Ogre to have 1,000 extra HP over a Wood Elf, they'd need to start with 241 stamina.
For an Ogre to have 2,000 extra HP over a Wood Elf, they'd need to start with 408 stamina.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

@Saisu creation stats are capped at 150. An ogre can’t start at 157. They’ll be only 75 points ahead of the theoretical +0 sta elf, which is a still beefy 450 hp, but 42hp leas than your figures and even more less than the ‘thousands’ suggested by NPC.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Hah, good catch Jimjam! Ogres get fantastic starting stats, but NPC was implying they have an insurmountably drastic advantage that the numbers just don't back up.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, good catch Jimjam! Ogres get fantastic starting stats, but NPC was implying they have an insurmountably drastic advantage that the numbers just don't back up.
Indubitably.
Closed Thread