Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Most of the advice in this thread is spot on. Keep some decent 1hs available to keep that skill trained up and use a Silver Swiftblade before 20. You can get that plus the recommended Sword of Skyfire and a Green Jade Broadsword all for under 1kpp. You may have to parse yourself after 20 to see which setup gives you the best DPS. I'm pretty sure Woodsman's staves are still pretty expensive, plus you're damaged capped under 20, so you may want to hold off on picking one of those up for a while.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Kobold

5k ish for woodsman? 300 for swarmcaller, which is obscene for a weapon with that damage profile.

Definately level as 2h though. Pre-epic, being able to time nukes in between sword swings, without losing any swings due to the spell cast time, will increase your damage more then DW will. My nuke easily adds 25% of my swarmcaller's DPS if I use it every other swing. Self healing between swings can extend your effective health pool a lot as well. Watch out for threat though.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbvera13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5k ish for woodsman? 300 for swarmcaller, which is obscene for a weapon with that damage profile.

Definately level as 2h though. Pre-epic, being able to time nukes in between sword swings, without losing any swings due to the spell cast time, will increase your damage more then DW will. My nuke easily adds 25% of my swarmcaller's DPS if I use it every other swing. Self healing between swings can extend your effective health pool a lot as well. Watch out for threat though.
If you see a swarmcaller for 300, snag it immediately.

I've usually seen them 700-1k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Eh... SSoYs are amazing, Rangers do amazing as tanks as well, in that they can snap aggro faster than most classes and hold it well as well. Given proper gearing they can tank most anywhere with a real healer.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Silver Swiftblade until you outlevel the damage cap.

Then get 2 Wurms or a Woodsman's staff.

I think 2 Wurms would > all til it's nerfed to primary only.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Kobold

Woodsman's Staff! Hands down is the best. I bought mine for 3k. Use it at level 20 though. You get double attack and a damage cap gets lifted.

Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 35
DMG: 31 Dmg Bonus: 80
This item is placeable in yards and houses.
WT: 6.5 Size: LARGE
Class: RNG
Race: ALL
Old 03-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Kobold

I have every weapon in my bags listed on this thread, and woodsman's staff is the best
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Q - what combo am I gonna see the MOST dmg the quickest? Am level 20, have a FBSS, and all skills maxed atm. I was using double Wurmys, saw on avg 50 dmg and max was 79, and was hitting pretty quickly and regularly. I swapped my main hand for a Lammy now, and see 15-25 dmg, with occasional 50 dmg from the offhand Wurmy. Still hittin fast and reg though. I've got 2 Acid Etched War Swords for lvl 37, for the stun and dd. Would I be 'smart' to switch to a Woodsman's Staff and forego the Wurmy/Lammy?? I don't have a dmg parser, so I can't properly 'see' how much dmg I'm truely doing and how fast!? Any suggestions?

Taulmaril
Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Kobold

The question is whether you want to use your spells or not. My swarm (can't afford woods yet) hits for a max of 58 (72 str buffed), with double attack, at lvl 23. Every other swing I throw in an ignite for another 37 dmg, which adds up to about 25% of my average melee dmg. The only melee that outdamages me is a twinked rogue.

I'm sure dual wurms is great and all, but if you didn't want to play a hybrid and use your spells, you'd be better off with a rogue imo. 2h really just meshes with the ranger's abilities better, and I'd take a small DPS hit any day (assuming there is one, which pre-epic I doubt) for the ability to nuke, cc, dot, or heal without losing any of my melee dps while doing it.
Closed Thread