Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Aviak

January 2000 is when I started EQ

Florin Greenleaf - Wood Elf Druid
Rorlin - Dwarf Warrior
Old 02-14-2017, 09:37 PM
Kobold

Started on Rallos Zek server with a friend who introduced me the game just after Kunark had been released. Started as a druid and shortly after switched to a wizard and never looked back until he was best in slot. Been getting really involved with monks now and I love them =) . Even with this last patch nerfing our pulling, I don't mind that much at all because i know the admins will tweak it out and make it so its not overkill. It will just make it a little more difficult allowing the people who enjoy challenges learn more, have more fun, and truly shine =)

Have been playing around with it on the fp guards and am not to happy with what i see however. Haven't tested long enough to see if its possible to single or split them yet though. Hopefully this can be done solo by someone who has figured it out or does figure out the new system in entirety. From the post i read from someone testing it out in ToV earlier it looks like it could def use some tweaking in the monks favor no doubt. But who knows. I am excited to see where things go from here! PS. Started this server 2 months ago and absolutely love it. Population kicks ass. That old school EQ feel is back with all the nostalgia, and i for one could not be any happier. Spent my vacation creating a monk and hitting level 60 in about 2 months. That grind was real. This server is no joke =)
Old 02-16-2017, 03:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Closed Beta Phase 4

I still have my beta CD. It was 1998, baby!
Rallos Zek, gnome-elf wars, great fun.
I played a gnome mage, and the earth pets looked like blobs of... well... something bad...
A man dressed in patchwork in those days was akin to a minor deity, and you could loot an item as well as cash when you killed a player, even if he was killed by a mob. I recall being hunted across the server after finding a party wipe in L-Fay, stealing all I could carry and running for it!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Skeleton

Came here from vanilla/TBC WoW private servers goin on 3 years ago now, having never seen or played any version of everquest classic or retail~

As someone who loves oldschool MMOs so much it hurts, classic eq (being the pioneer title in genera and thus also the oldest) has a level of detail, and love, put into its zones mechanics and race/classes that no other MMO to follow was able to deliver on.

Few games are able to attach a feeling of accomplishment, or atmospheric immersion like classic eq does.

Much love staff, and community alike <3
Old 03-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Kobold

July 2000, smack in the middle of Kunark. Played until circa 2004
Old 03-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Just weeks after the release of Velious. My friend got me into it. My mind was blown. My initial impression was that this IRC chat with a Tolkein-esque 3D world to play/interact in.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Orc

Opening day , servers up , servers down etc. Still the coolest video game experience ever those first months.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Started Summer of 2000

I had never played a MMO before. Had a lady friend at work and her husband SWORE how great EQ was, so I was convinced to give it a try. Bought "Ruins of Kunark" & the strategy guide at the local Electronic Boutique. OMG! I was hooked! Went to several of "Fan Faires" (Dallas, Seattle, San Francisco & the best being the 5th Anniversary in Las Vegas). I was on the Innoruuk server and worked my half elf paladin up to lvl 54. I spent too much time exploring & chasing those female dark elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] By the time "Legacy of Ykesha" was released, I was getting buried by not being able to keep up. The ranks of EQ players were gradually being thinned by the releases of EQ2 and WoW. Real life responsibilities were taking more of my free time. I eventually dropped out. But, P99 has given me another chance again to be in a land of endless exploration (& maybe an occasional female DE).
Old 04-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I was asked by a co-worker if I was into gaming in 1999. He got me a copy of EQ and set me up with a set of gear for a Barb warr. I played around a bit with a few toons until I found the Iksar SK, and never looked back.
I played from Velious through Secrets of Faydwer; roughly 10 years. I was in a casual-ish family style raid guild, and I was the only SK to survive through Anguish and Theatre of Blood. The others either switched toons or left. I became THE SK in the guild, and was the primary off-tank for boss fights in raids.
I quit in 2009 when I went back to college, and my best friend turned me onto P99 about 6 months ago; I've restarted the Iksar SK and I'm having a blast!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Pre-release player

Since I am the original Everquest Composer, I played the game starting in 1998, long before release. I wrote code for the game as well as music, so a lot of what I did had to be done as a super player.

I'm looking for feedback on how to market my Original EQ music as a remix to Everquest fans. Any suggestions? (jaybarbeau at gmail dot com)
Closed Thread