Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Default Question about Reaver (Weapon)

I have seen a few posts from searching and googled a bit but I can't find somewhere to easily see what mobs require magic weapons and which don't. Sounds like Giants and NTOV (I think?) can be hit with a Reaver.

I guess more importantly, what mobs at higher end can you not hit with a Reaver? Can you hit Velks Spiders/Dogs? Orcs? Bats and Bugs in SolB?

I have heard rumors about a Gobby Earring making it magical but it sounds like the has been found untrue. I kind of want to get a Reaver for my pally but can't decide if it's worth it or if I should just wait until I'm 55 and get a Narandi's Lance.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Past 30 it's basically just a pvp item
Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s stopping you using a rusty or fine steel anything to check?
I'm not online at the moment and was curious to what others experienced. That is a good way to test but I also don't want to run around Norrath testing every kind of mob. Does kind of sound like a fun adventure though.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

If I recall correctly tho you just chain miss a will-o-wisp or elemental with a mundane weapon, there's no message telling you why you're chain missing... so it could be quite hard & long to figure out all mobs requiring magic to be hit... for me, will-o-wisp and elementals are frequent enough that I am afraid of using mundane weapons and I won't touch a Reaver anytime soon.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I recall correctly tho you just chain miss a will-o-wisp or elemental with a mundane weapon, there's no message telling you why you're chain missing... so it could be quite hard & long to figure out all mobs requiring magic to be hit... for me, will-o-wisp and elementals are frequent enough that I am afraid of using mundane weapons and I won't touch a Reaver anytime soon.
it will tell you, "you try to hit a x, but it is invulnerable". at least, it did for will-o-wisps that i farmed in my teens for spell money. i am not certain if that same behavior will spill over into all non-magic immune monsters.

edit: i noticed this same behavior with ghoul's in unrest.
Last edited by Whom-pah; 04-02-2018 at 10:21 AM..
Old 04-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

does it? hmm... now that you say it it feels like something i have read... but i was sure last time i fought a will-o' with a mundane weapon i didn't get any message... will try again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Is it undead? Magical
Is it summoned? Magical

This goes for raid targets as well, although I think I remember one Kunark dragon I couldn't hit with it, I don't remember if it was Faydedar or Sev. I think you can use on Xenovorash tho, to whatever reason a giant sarnak skeleton isn't considered magic.

Venril sathir is magic, Effreeti in sky are magical, Eye of Veeshan is magic.

Dragons and giants can pretty much all be hit, and that is all of Velious end game. Great investment!

Edit: Reaver dps is so good for a warrior at 60 looking for a cheap item. Triple attack and 40/40 Is pretty nuts, great for Halls of Testing, and anything your friends might be doing in Velious. You can even hold aggro in some cases with just white damage alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Last edited by Sonderbeast; 04-02-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it undead? Magical
Is it summoned? Magical

This goes for raid targets as well, although I think I remember one Kunark dragon I couldn't hit with it, I don't remember if it was Faydedar or Sev. I think you can use on Xenovorash tho, to whatever reason a giant sarnak skeleton isn't considered magic.

Venril sathir is magic, Effreeti in sky are magical, Eye of Veeshan is magic.

Dragons and giants can pretty much all be hit, and that is all of Velious end game. Great investment!

Edit: Reaver dps is so good for a warrior at 60 looking for a cheap item. Triple attack and 40/40 Is pretty nuts, great for Halls of Testing, and anything your friends might be doing in Velious. You can even hold aggro in some cases with just white damage alone.
Awesome!

Thanks!

*Edit*
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ht=magic+items
Looks like most skeletons should be non-magical except for Icebone. Ghouls are the magical undead (I'm guess Spectre's are too). That might be why you can hit Xeno, you would think an Epic mob would be magical though haha.
Last edited by joppykid; 04-02-2018 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Added link
Old 04-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Can the avatar of fear in CT be hit by non-magic weapons? In classic you needed magic weapons, but not sure about here. Would be reasonable to assume Cazic in Fear also needs magic weapons to be hit.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I think I tried it on Innie once and he was invulnerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Closed Thread