Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Default SK Fear-kite 55+

Hey all,

55 DE Shadow Knight here.

I recently read through 20 pages of search results for "fear kite". I read some great stuff, and specifically one that led me to barbarian guards (#5 on the map in Everfrost) which quickly took me through lvl 54 (80% in 6 days of moderate play time) - great camp. I can't recommend it enough.

Unfortunately, those guards just turned green. Holding out hope, I killed 5 of them and not even a noticeable pip of blue xp to show for it. So I am looking for a new camp to fear kite outdoors. Or a spot that I can fear kite undead, as my undead fear spell is less than 1/2 the mana cost of my all-purpose fear.

I was going to run over to Butcherblock and check out dwarf dock guards, which I believe are 45, but aren't they on an 18 min spawn? Otherwise caves in WL but... Ideally there would be something that had a nice quick spawn like Everfrost.

Thank you.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Aviak

BM Giant Fort has mobs and space to kite.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

When I was leveling and lfg waiting to find something to kill I would fear kite outside KC. Sometimes fear kite inside KC too
Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 AM
Kobold

I have the clicky Fear kite Kunark armor. Frankly don't care at all for them... Fear lasts 18 seconds and takes ~10 seconds to cast, so you are either chain casting Fear, or an inferior Darkness.

I banked those items and started using real boots and gloves (with stats) again.

Mana is not an issue, just finding a nice camp to perform the act. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only blues left outside KC might be ravishing drolvargs.

Thanks for the feedback so far.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Lfay brownie guards are blue to 60 and plenty of room to kite. Downside is there are only 2 spawns. Can't remember the timer, maybe 15 minutes? Pretty boring camp but easy and consistent.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Thanks. I have not seen that monk guide before, but I'm reading it now. Also, I will check out LFay.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM
Banned

Should always be doing fear undead as an SK. Check out burning woods - it's tricky with roamers, but you just have to keep an eye out.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Guildie of mine (doesn't play anymore) fear kited 2 lvl 50 mobs in Rathe Mtns on his SK from like 58-60. Think they are the below guys but don't know for sure, he said they were good xp.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tholia_Fastbond
https://wiki.project1999.com/Kazzel_D%60Leryt
Old 05-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Kobold

looks good. Level 50 but low HP. But they are casters (NEC and DRU) so I might get lit up. Heh, I will try them. Thanks for the tip.

On the topic of brownie guards versus dwarf dock guards.... I looked them both up, they have the same HP/AC as each other but the brownie guards are druids that can nuke and dot, so I will probably lean towards the dwarves who don't cast.

I know they can't cast if they are being fear kited, but in my experience, casting mobs and NPC are always tougher.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

I farmed a bit of brownie meat and found the guards seemed to be rather low hp, provided you caught them before they buffed.
Closed Thread