Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 07:58 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Wink Absolute new player to Everquest!! Come say hi.

Hello everyone.

Reddit pointed me to this gem and i decided to have a go.

Super glad to see theres a good sized player base playing regularly, i sure value that.

Having said that, if someone could point me to some half decent tutorial that'd be awesome. Nothing too in-depth, just something so i level from imbecile to somewhat able.
For some reason i wasn't able to partake in the in game tut.

With that put aside, glad to be here.

Picked a cleric, let's see how that goes.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:42 AM
Kobold

Welcome!! Cleric is a wonderful first class and it should be easy for you to find groups. Honestly Nxt just hop in and find a high lvl to talk to. One good thing would be to set up the UI in a way that works for you. I play on the red server but I'm sure you can find someone to help you out over there.

Have fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure
Old 06-01-2018, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to Project 1999.

Nice Guide and worth to read:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41480

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 06-01-2018, 07:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a great resource!

Welcome, Nxt. If you ever see any of my various alts around, don't be afraid to say hi!

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 06-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxt50Cl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super glad to see theres a good sized player base playing regularly, i sure value that.
We even have peeps who basically live in there! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Setting up your UI (I recommend duxa's) and talking to players online are definitely two strong advice to get you started. As a Cleric one of your biggest "skill" will be the size of your friendlist / potential groups.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

I'd also suggest reading through any threads that seem interesting or "catch your eye" here in the forums, especially this one (Starting Zone). I can't tell you how much I've gleaned simply perusing all of this content provided here by the player base.

Also, though there are some nasty beasts here on the forums, there are also plenty of super-helpful users (Nagoya being one of them -- whats up!?) that may translate over to grouping and opportunities in-game. I wound up meeting Nagoya in-game *after a forum chat* so that we could mutually beat-up and use a banker in HHK. Good stuff!

Feel free to PM me if you ever run into a ? and don't feel comfortable posting here. I'm no savant or anything (toons are lvl 30 and 35) but always happy to help
Old 06-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Banned

Read the wiki.

Make friends with tanks and you can start groups to go anywhere...or stick to the popular spots w/ LFG on and board the train to 60.

Cleric is a great class. If your favored playstyle is healing, you picked correct.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We even have peeps who basically live in there! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Setting up your UI (I recommend duxa's) and talking to players online are definitely two strong advice to get you started. As a Cleric one of your biggest "skill" will be the size of your friendlist / potential groups.

That looked great, i've installed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you all guys, really really helpful links to get me started.
Hope to meet some of you in game!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Welcome to the game! There's something about EverQuest that's really quite special, and it's so cool to see people experiencing it for the first time almost twenty years after release.
Closed Thread