Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 03:00 PM
Kobold

I took camp over broken up as a 49 Gnome Wiz. I got AM to 15-20 % twice before I gave it to the next in line. Now at 50 and 6 or 7 nice gear upgrades I plan on going back soon and I am confident I will take him down.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

A wizard with 200 int (without mana items) has 2100 mana

Level 50 they got Rend.... 280 mana, for 748 damage. BUT with specialization at 200, you get 11% reduction in mana. Which makes it actually just 249 mana!

So they can cast it 8.4 times (8 times).....for total of 5984 damage.

Frenzied ghoul gots 6350 HPs (for the record, bloodthirsties have 5300 hps, much more manageable).

.... so it's pretty close!! You gonna need to get about 150 more mana from items to be able to cast it one more time (that isn't undoable!). But there will be some loss with resists I bet....so having a little more (medding, taking a little longer) will be smarter.

Add on top to that getting clarity....or having some wands in case you fall a little short (this is just for the frenzie, the other ghouls have less HPs....so having a bag of wands to finish it off with another 800 damageish per wand is very doable).

AND if you really want to be clever, bring some throwing knives. May not seem like much....but hitting it for another 10-15 damage now and then can be enough to safely mana-free take it down some. Another couple hundred mana free damage? I'll take it!

BUT! It would be close. Needing to have enough for roots also. So I'd slow roll it....root and nuke...and use some knives while medding (again, this is just for frenzie).

So coulddd you camp it? Ya, but you gotta be a top notch wizard....not some random person that just grinded up to 50.

But...also....won't it run at 15% life? So if you can get it down to that, you win. Snare it and med and finish it off. That last 15% life is 950 hps....so that makes things a lot easier.

Anddd I forgot about harvest! That's another 300 mana right there.... just a bit risky to use mid fight.
Last edited by Ivory; 03-06-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Old 03-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A cleric cannot solo either until 60 as they wont have the mana pool, i had a clr, with a manastone and tried.

55 Ward undead nuke is great, but AM has sooo much hp

A necro cannot kill either unless he is charming, a wizard will not have the mana pool until 60 to do it either and although conflag is powerful both mobs have ALOT of hp
Early on green there was a cleric holding frenzied down every morning for a good bit, always solo that I saw.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Necro's and Enchanters are the only two classes that can break and hold it reliably.

Once broken, there are a plethora of classes that can maintain those camps
Old 03-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Frenzy can be solo'd by mage, though if it needs broken it could be incredibly tricky( and potentially impossible if you have a rough initial spawn) Shaman would be really dicey but possible if someone else has already broken it or it has a very weak spawn to break. Same story with druid though even dicier and going to need a lot of wis/mana gear. Cleric can solo it but you are going to need to pull off a couple incredibly risky manastone--> complete heals and you will be praying a lot that your roots hold decently when nuking an certainly when complete healing.

AM can be solo'd by mage, but again breaking the spawn could be incredibly tricky. i don't think any of the other classes have a realistic shot at it frankly without some absurd clicky abuse.

I didn't mention at all of course enc/necro, who can do anything dead side.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wizard with 200 int (without mana items) has 2100 mana

Level 50 they got Rend.... 280 mana, for 748 damage. BUT with specialization at 200, you get 11% reduction in mana. Which makes it actually just 249 mana!

So they can cast it 8.4 times (8 times).....for total of 5984 damage.

Frenzied ghoul gots 6350 HPs (for the record, bloodthirsties have 5300 hps, much more manageable).

.... so it's pretty close!! You gonna need to get about 150 more mana from items to be able to cast it one more time (that isn't undoable!). But there will be some loss with resists I bet....so having a little more (medding, taking a little longer) will be smarter.

Add on top to that getting clarity....or having some wands in case you fall a little short (this is just for the frenzie, the other ghouls have less HPs....so having a bag of wands to finish it off with another 800 damageish per wand is very doable).

AND if you really want to be clever, bring some throwing knives. May not seem like much....but hitting it for another 10-15 damage now and then can be enough to safely mana-free take it down some. Another couple hundred mana free damage? I'll take it!

BUT! It would be close. Needing to have enough for roots also. So I'd slow roll it....root and nuke...and use some knives while medding (again, this is just for frenzie).

So coulddd you camp it? Ya, but you gotta be a top notch wizard....not some random person that just grinded up to 50.

But...also....won't it run at 15% life? So if you can get it down to that, you win. Snare it and med and finish it off. That last 15% life is 950 hps....so that makes things a lot easier.

Anddd I forgot about harvest! That's another 300 mana right there.... just a bit risky to use mid fight.

Specializations don't work currently. And harvest won't exist for a long time. It's one thing to look a the math of pure nuke damage but that doesn't at all address the need for the wizard to keep the frenzy rooted. At 50, root will be outright resisted abut 20% of the time on frenzy and you will often get short roots on them, regardless if its nuked or not.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Someone mentioned a druid, walk me through the frenzy room on that one.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone mentioned a druid, walk me through the frenzy room on that one.
Root, root, root, dot, log, root dot log. To break. Probably hard at 50. Very do-able at 60. Same thing for shamans basically.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Mages absolutely can break in and hold the AM camp. I've done it with mediocre gear and root nets. Honestly breaking AM is only hard for mage if AM is up, otherwise easy peasy. The 49 earth pet is pretty dope.

As for Frenzy, while I'm sure it can be broken by mages, it's difficult and unreliable in my opinion and likely would require a gate out and back after killing one. Root nets will definitely win the day though if you have enough. From personal experience I stay away from Frenzy solo as it's too dicey and I hate using all my nets up at once like that.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-06-2020, 04:18 PM
Aviak

frenzy is very easy for a mage to hold once its broken up, frenzied ghoul is an easier kill than AM, with pet frequently ending up with about 50% health. I've broken the camp w/o nets by gating between burning down a mob, but with how crowded guk is now that seems like a good way to get your camp ganked these days. With a few nets it'd be fairly trivial on anything but an unnaturally difficult set of initial spawns
Closed Thread