Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 04:22 AM
Banned

Default Spread the ZEM!

Hello sirs/mams. If you have played on green in the last few weeks you will have noticed that literally everyone is exping in THE HOLE. I think thats great, its a fantastic zone. but it isn't classic to have a million people exping in that zone. People were spread out all around this wonderful world of norrath back in the day.

The devs could make that happen again too! All that would be needed is to do a sweep of kunark zems the way they did in classic when all the action was getting congested into the 'exp highway' zones. Buffing kunark outdoor zems to even just 100 to be in line with other old world outdoor zones would go a long way towards opening things up. Indoor kunark zones with zem somewhere near the hole would spread things out quite a bit and make it so the rest of the world isn't dead for 50+ exp.

You can't blame people for wanting to hit the hole and min-max their exp either with the new 54+ exp tables. It takes literally forever to do 55-60 now and doing it anywhere besides hole or bear pits in a group is akin to literal torture.

Also while I'm throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks, I think velious should get a ZEM hit before it even launches. Make Crystal Caverns 300 ZEM!

Thanks for listening and good luck and good night.
Last edited by BurtMacklinFBI; 01-12-2021 at 04:28 AM..
Old 01-12-2021, 05:38 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2021, 05:49 AM
Sarnak

Guessing they forgot they nerfed a lot of the 50+ zones and didn't nerf the hole, so its completely outclassing everything else.

Kind of a pity.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:52 AM
Aviak

imagine leveling not using gnoll scrolls
Old 01-12-2021, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol cuz the 'classic' zone zems are 'classic'.

this is a custom server, great, its fun, lets just make it more fun by opening up more than just the hole and one spot in perma for decent 55+ exp
Old 01-12-2021, 06:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guessing they forgot they nerfed a lot of the 50+ zones and didn't nerf the hole, so its completely outclassing everything else.

Kind of a pity.
I don't think they nerfed anything, they just did a pass of the classic zones with a zem update last year that included the hole - which was sorely needed before kunark came out to ease congestion on green - and haven't done kunark/velious yet, the latter of which is now sorely needed.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

The Hole already had a big ZEM but yes it didn't get used a ton. But it wasn't even empty on blue prior to the ZEM changes, many monks solo'ed there and there was usually a group at docks. Once you dragged a 55+ person down there on blue they were always shocked that it was great xp.

Then they updated the classic zone ZEMS after green had been released and the Hole got even more of a boost to an already great ZEM. This was long before the Hole was ever released on green, but the ZEM changes were for both servers. The Hole on blue became what it is now on green, the only place anyone wants group xp in the 50's. This has been going on closer to a year on blue but no one there complains because the population allows for a full Hole that isn't overcamped.

I posted about this potential issue for green multiple times in various places in the lead up to Kunark, but I guess this is a closer approximation of the classic Hole ZEM based on their research or they just want it this way.

And OP if they updated Kunark ZEM's the Hole would not be included. Its technically an old world zone, which is why it was part of the ZEM updates for old world zones last year.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Banned

I agree with the outdoor Zems in Kunark needing to be bumped to match outdoors in classic, however the hole can easily hold 150 people, last Friday prime time there was 80+ people in the zone and I saw over 250 mobs Up on bard track.... this zone is littered with mobs if you are willing to take a group somewhere other than CE, Rats, OBS, Slabs, GT, UT... hell some areas near these camps can easily support 3-4 groups. I will say though as to OPs point if you aren’t in the hole leveling you are going twice as slow as the people there so if GMs want people in other zones they should adjust.
TLDR: I agree some zems should be tweaked.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_N...C_2000_8:00_am

Actually, if you check this post.. the XP should have been buffed prior to the release of the hole. And maybe it was. Sure doesn't feel like Seb, Chardok, or Karnor's are any better off, though.

There's a lot of "risk v reward" adjustments in the patch just before and just after The Hole, including loot changes. I suspect this timeframe is when a lot of legacy items got removed, in reality. Not whenever they were arbitrarily removed here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zem.jpg (19.5 KB, 6 views)

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Kerra Isle never gets any ZEM love...
Closed Thread