Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Spitballing a bad idea, fix it.

This is a Welfare Pixel idea. It is purely hypothetical and will not ever happen. But what if...

What if, instead of windows, instead of rooted mobs, instead of CSR, instead of drafts, instead of rotations, all raid mobs are purely exp based: whoever gets the exp gets the loot rights. And even if the loot doesn't get looted before the corpse rots, it just rots. So the winner can still get the ever-living-shit trained out of them before they can even get their stupid pixels.

Now for the Welfare part. What if...

What if whenever a raid mob spawned, the next ordinary trash mob to spawn in the world spawned with a legacy item, like a Manastone, a Guise, Fungus Staff, whatever.

Now, shit on me and my shitty ideas please.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Mob should just get fte and then explode and whoever got fte gets exp. That way all the individuals who dont want to share pixels with a 100 other people can compete. Its the only fair way.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:28 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Good idea Kessel.

Snortles, throw in free rent and we'll talk.,
Old 04-12-2021, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a Welfare Pixel idea. It is purely hypothetical and will not ever happen. But what if...

What if, instead of windows, instead of rooted mobs, instead of CSR, instead of drafts, instead of rotations, all raid mobs are purely exp based: whoever gets the exp gets the loot rights. And even if the loot doesn't get looted before the corpse rots, it just rots. So the winner can still get the ever-living-shit trained out of them before they can even get their stupid pixels.

Now for the Welfare part. What if...

What if whenever a raid mob spawned, the next ordinary trash mob to spawn in the world spawned with a legacy item, like a Manastone, a Guise, Fungus Staff, whatever.

Now, shit on me and my shitty ideas please.
so you want to incentivize even bigger zerg guilds based purely on dps? sounds like a great idea /s
Old 04-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you want to incentivize even bigger zerg guilds based purely on dps? sounds like a great idea /s
The smaller coordinated guild will snipe way more mobs. Likely made up of the nerds who don't desync and live for this game anyway. I'd think every windowpoopsocking dork who wants to race for FTE would be on board with this since the advantage is built in to their lives.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Also, the filthy casuals will splinter off to chase Manastones and Guises.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The smaller coordinated guild will snipe way more mobs. Likely made up of the nerds who don't desync and live for this game anyway. I'd think every windowpoopsocking dork who wants to race for FTE would be on board with this since the advantage is built in to their lives.
Name for me 1 "smaller coordinated guild" on this server. There aren't any. It would just cause the meta to shift towards max dps classes with minimal/no support. Hell you could have a guild of purely rogues, wait till guild X engages then your 60-80 rogues all burn disc and blow the mob up. Repark in the next zone for the next mob. Rinse repeat. Server population would plummet. Unless that's your goal. You trixy bastard.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name for me 1 "smaller coordinated guild" on this server. There aren't any. It would just cause the meta to shift towards max dps classes with minimal/no support. Hell you could have a guild of purely rogues, wait till guild X engages then your 60-80 rogues all burn disc and blow the mob up. Repark in the next zone for the next mob. Rinse repeat. Server population would plummet. Unless that's your goal. You trixy bastard.
There'd be clerics. They gotta rez everyone during the train wars to get anything killed. At least I assume TMO and IB had clerics in VP when there was no CSR there. There'd probably be some other classes needed to either train or keep the trains off them. But it's not like all of the dorks that do these raids don't have level 60 characters of multiple classes that they pass around for the situation I suppose. So yeah, 6 rogues will show up and not die to the first train and take the loot every time.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure 6x bane wizard groups would get it a lot, with 6x enchanter groups being viable in a bunch of places. You're going to have a hard time outdpsing 6 enchanters with Thiftling Sprites or 6 enchanters with hasted, quadding giants, to say nothing of stuff like dicatating Protector of Zek and similar.