Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Default Ranger weapons?

I'm trying to twink a ranger, and have no clue what to get for a weapon ever since Kunark came out. Before it was SSoY or bust. If I want to stay 1k or under what weps should I look for. 1hs?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Under 1k? SSoY sounds good.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Sword of Skyfire
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to twink a ranger, and have no clue what to get for a weapon ever since Kunark came out. Before it was SSoY or bust. If I want to stay 1k or under what weps should I look for. 1hs?
I'm assuming you mean lower level weapons lol as a ranger with SSoY deserves what he gets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Green Jade Broadsword is 11/25, stats and saves, usable by War Pal Ranger only, and runs around 300p or so. Sword of Skyfire is 10/22 i think, has a stat + 25hps, and might run also around 300p. Wont proc till 45ish ? Either one would be great till you get dual wield. Both would be pretty good after as well for some time.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Kobold

So the yak's suck for rangers now? Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Aviak

eh what are they 8/24 ? I mean once they start proc'ing your gonna go splat alot so.....

Before they proc, 8/24 is not better than 11/25 or 10/22. They run 500p to 750 or so each also.

If your soloing I guess the stun + dd is nice when they proc. Before that.... ? Not sure how they could be better.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

once SSOY starts procing, the mobs will eat you alive, your group tank will never get agro off you. Unless you soloing of course
But at low levels, you want fast, good ratio weapon: Skyfire and GJB are both much better than SSOY for that purpose
Old 03-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Banned

A lot of misinformation and/or Rangerhate here. Rangers are fully capable of tanking well into the 50s and it's usually their main function in groups.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

I've been playing around with some weapons on my low level ranger

and just by seeing how fast things die I've found the

Silver Swiftblade is great for low levels.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Silver_Swiftblade
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of misinformation and/or Rangerhate here. Rangers are fully capable of tanking well into the 50s and it's usually their main function in groups.
I am sorry I angered thee, however I fail to see alot of anything here, much less misinformation. The ranger splat thing dates back approx 13 years, however I apologize for spreading ranger hate. I really do like them ( and for more than the DT thingy )

Sam Bradford is capable of playing football bro.

Tom Brady is damn good at it.

It's not the same thing at all.

Yes Silver Swiftblade is good, especially for skill ups and early levels, however later on you are probably gonna wanna a slower 2hs so you can cast between etc, dam bonus/delay stuff etc etc. And he specifically asked about 1hs.

Thanks
Closed Thread