Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior Weapon DPS Chart

Max Hit uses 150 str for LvL 45 and 200 Str for LvL 60. Some tank aggro weapons are not included on the chart. If anyone would like the numbers for any weapons not listed here just let me know. If anyone has any other questions or comments serve them up.

Update 1 >>>> None of the DPS calculations take into account PROC DPS, you can figure that one out for yourselves. Obviously all the 14/24 weapons are going to be the same "DPS" if you forget about their stats and yes, it is sad that SCD and any of the 14/24's is just as much melee DPS as Dual Wielding your epic. Koros is correct when it comes to Dual Wield and Double attack rates being [(Skill Level+LvL)/Skill Max], which means a LvL 60 warrior is going to be [(245+60)/500]=61% Dual Wield [(245+60)/600]=51% Double Attack.

Update 2 >>>> Updated chart with updated formula and prices. EPIC proc will make-up the "DPS Rating" difference between the SCD and the EPIC. 30 atk buff will easily boost your DPS by a few % I would assume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing
Last edited by Yaolin; 03-19-2014 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Updated Info
Old 06-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty solid, except duel wield and double attack rates are (skill + level) / 5. You can remove double attack rate from your calcs as it's useless in determining relative DPS as it affects all weapons equally.

Also "dps" is going to be inaccurate due to misses, and the fact that most hits aren't max. If you want to attempt to actually calculate dps you'd need to use average hit, which vs normal mobs will be near the "sweet spot" of the weapon ((damage x 2) + damage bonus). This will skew up or down depending on relative level and ac of what you're fighting.
Last edited by koros; 06-05-2013 at 07:14 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also "dps" is going to be inaccurate due to misses, and the fact that most hits aren't max.
He isn't attempting to calculate actual DPS, as should be evident by the fact that the DPS numbers in the chart for amazing weapons at 60 are under 3. It's just supposed to show which are the best DPS relative to the others.

Where did you get your formulae for dw and da?

Interesting to see that this chart says SCD+warding star is more dps at 60 than epic. Haha. Good times.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

You're right Tec, I was preoccupied when i wrote that post and wasn't paying close attention.

Additionally, the formula should be (skill + level) / 500 and not / 5 (although pragmatically it doesn't make a difference when viewed as percentages.)

As to where I got the numbers, I can't recall exactly, It's been years, but it's something I vividly recollect from live parsing 11-12 years ago.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

You are missing triple attack for warriors in your calculations. It only effects the primary IIRC so does make a difference.

Also I assume you want to do 1.61 instead of .61, not that it will make a difference (really 16.1 b/c the delay is multiplied by 10)
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

You are also missing the weapon skill modifier in the calculation. 1hs caps higher than pierce for wars.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

o noes!!! 10 point difference means u can maybe drop the DPS on piercing weapons down 4% at LvL 60 compared to a same stat slash/blunt.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Yea I did pretty much this exact same thing in excell a while back and came up with the same result. Piercers are about 4.3% less dps than 1hs or 1hb. For raw auto attack dps it looks like scd and wurmy are top shelf not taking into account the attack bonus from epic offhand.

Im not sure if you still can but back when you could dual wield wurmy it was the combo until the 40s where the mainhand damage bonus begins to favor the faster scd and lammy in mainhand.
Last edited by Elements; 06-20-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure feverblade is better main hand weapon than seb croaking dirk, 11/18 and has anyone parsed main hand bonus to truly see if low delay is better than a wurmslayer (best ratio) in main hand? Also don't piercing weps have lower skill cap for warriors?
Last edited by heartbrand; 06-20-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Kobold

feverblade is the tits. i use it in small groups over mainhand epic.
Closed Thread