Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100%

I tried to buy some on green and was like NOPE!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is an untapped market [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with alchemy as a whole is the time-vs-profit margin. A 10-shot SoW pot nets about 35pp profit, roughly. Thankfully the NRo barbarians are close to EC, but that's still a lot of running around and clicking, and then you have to have buyers. When someone's wanting 3 or 4 potions, that's always sweet, but most people want 1 at a time in my experience, and it can take 20 minutes or more to find a buyer.

So potion making for profit tends to be less profitable than Hill Giants, or any guard camps, especially because demand fluctuates. And yeah there's other potions you can make but SoW pots are the most marketable, followed by IvU and then the other stuff.

What I like to do is have a few on hand, and randomly auction them as I travel. Convenience-sales are sweet and don't cost me time sitting in EC.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with alchemy as a whole is the time-vs-profit margin. A 10-shot SoW pot nets about 35pp profit, roughly. Thankfully the NRo barbarians are close to EC, but that's still a lot of running around and clicking, and then you have to have buyers. When someone's wanting 3 or 4 potions, that's always sweet, but most people want 1 at a time in my experience, and it can take 20 minutes or more to find a buyer.

So potion making for profit tends to be less profitable than Hill Giants, or any guard camps, especially because demand fluctuates. And yeah there's other potions you can make but SoW pots are the most marketable, followed by IvU and then the other stuff.

What I like to do is have a few on hand, and randomly auction them as I travel. Convenience-sales are sweet and don't cost me time sitting in EC.
Agreed. SoW potions have a pretty low profit margin. Also, they are basically the first potion you can make (with a trivial of 37), so there are a LOT of Shamans who can make SoW potions. That means more competition, and more friends making potions for each other off of the market.

If you want to make money off of Alchemy, you need to make the high level potions, since a lot less Shamans fully level up Alchemy. As I stated before, the problem with that is you need a good amount of start up capital to get Alchemy up. Also, some of the leveling potions just don't sell that well. It took months to sell some of the leveling potions I made, even when the price was under the cost it took to make the potion lol. I ended up selling some to the merchants to make room on my mule, but that's only like 5 or 10pp a potion.

That is the biggest problem with Alchemy. Unlike jewelcrafting, you can't sell what you create back to the merchants for a decent amount. You must sell them to players, and players only want a few specific potions.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Banned

I’d imagine that LDCs drop words of incarceration on green which is probably pretty valuable to magicians still? That might be a nice camp for a solo shaman and you’d max that xp bar.
Closed Thread