Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would the centaur merchant just SW of treants not sell to Iksar? That was incredibly convenient for my ogre. When you get too weighed down in junk currency, just buy/sell some Great Staffs at a small loss and keep on farming.
You're absolutely right, he would, but unlike the centaur vendor the aviak vendor has an unlimited amount of gems (topaz and a couple others IIRC) that you can buy and sell for a very small fee to turns all your gold/ silver / copper pieces into plays.
Then with sow, running back from KFC to treants takes a couple minute tops.
Old 08-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Kobold

From my experience, Gozuk and DeathsSilkyMist comments are spot on. For a lot of people getting a fungi or epic "early" can be difficult or even completely out of reach. When I hit 46 and got a jbb, I went from a slow, but steady solo'er, to feeling completely overpowered. A jbb, while not cheap should be significantly more attainable for most, excluding lizards of course.

There are milestones where the class has noticeable improvements in it's ability to solo: canni, pet, and once you get access to stronger slows, soloing becomes much more manageable.

For the most part you won't melt mobs, but you can sustain a steady grind as well asjust about any class after you get a pet and canni. This requires a more active play style, making use of global cool downs and being aware of server tick timing.

A fungi, epic, and/or jbb on its own can be game changing. With 2 of the 3 you are incredibly strong. If you have all 3, in my opinion, most normal content you would think for exp'ing purposes would be largely trivialized.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Banned

At 34 you can get surprisingly good XP charming animals.

Then at 39 you get canni 2, chloro, an even better pet, and a great slow where you / your pet can start tanking hardly taking much damage.

Keep at it, you're almost to the promised land!
Old 08-22-2020, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

It'll get easier at 34.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 08-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

don't listen to any one telling you to get a jbb or fungi or epic
you can't use them (except the fungi) for 20 levels at least

I'm an iksar but i got lucky and bought a scaled mystic set for cheap
I've been collecting and selling drops for a bit
I'm currently 36 and i got <100 str and stam with 174 wis
at 34 the pet is nice but most of the time hits for <28
which isn't bad since almost free damage and doesn't break charm

the real trick with wis shamans (I'm conjuration specc'd, i solo mostly) is planning your diseases and poisons
there will be slow levels like 29 wasn't super awesome for me
but at 34 i got a great disease spell and had a decent poison
24 you get canni so you can get your canni ticks while canni dancing
you will be a root/rot class for a while if not the rest of your levels
shamans that go melee usually have another character that farmed money to Twink out their shaman
it's not needed

if you are trying to be a wisdom shaman, at 24 you can group very well
at 29 you become more helpful in groups since you can haste your melee group mates
at 24 you can go to guk or even unrest, which both can keep you busy till at least 40
with shamans you can be one of two players
melee with fists full of cash
or a wis shaman that knows how to play their class and even experiments
Last edited by xaix1999; 08-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: \_0_/
Old 08-28-2020, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

some levels your poison does better
some levels your disease does better
Old 08-28-2020, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shamans that go melee usually have another character that farmed money to Twink out their shaman
it's not needed
You do not need to be heavily twinked to be a melee Shaman. You only need a good ratio weapon, a haste item, and a slow spell. You will get your first haste spell at 29, which will further increase your DPS.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Poison_Wind_Censer and https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps cost no more than 1.5k combined. Maybe cheaper if you get lucky.

It is very easy to farm 1.5k by the time you hit level 25, even if this is your first toon. Just kill Halfling Guards at the Misty Thicket wall for a bit. If you just camp Deputy Felp (single pull, level 25), you will make 100pp an hour, and get good xp. Once you hit level 27, you should be able to do Felp and Looh (single pull, level 27), which will double your pp per hour.

At low levels, Shaman DoTs are sadly just not very good. However, Shamans do get a maximum of 200 weapon skill by level 50. That is the same as a warrior! The only downside is Shamans use the Priest damage table, instead of the melee damage table. But that is made up for by the fact that Shamans can haste themselves, and STR buff themselves.

Melee Shamans will out DPS a root/rot Shaman at low levels with a good weapon and haste item, and you save more mana. This is because you aren't casting as many spells, and your spells are getting resisted less. You simply need to cast slow on the enemy, maybe a malo, and maybe a root. Your haste, str buff, and healing spells cannot be resisted by yourself.

The melee strategy works quite well up until level 40. Once you hit 40, monsters get a considerable boost to their HP, AC, and damage. This is where melee starts to fall off, since you are getting hit much harder, and missing more.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

like i said

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
melee with fists full of cash
with my first character i didnt have 500p for a weapon or 1k for a haste item
so i understand
Old 08-28-2020, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
with my first character i didnt have 500p for a weapon or 1k for a haste item
so i understand
Yes, I agree you may not be able to do the melee strategy very well under level 25 if this is your first toon, due to money camps being more scarce at low levels.

However, OP is level 27, so he can easily farm 1.5kpp on Halfling Guards, while getting good XP. Once he gets the 1.5kpp, he will be able to level significantly faster with https://wiki.project1999.com/Poison_Wind_Censer and https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps .
Old 08-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
it's not needed
Closed Thread