Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Kobold

Too much hipster trash.

Burning Love - Miserable Sound

Ex-cursed members.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Kobold

Moar like the geighties...

And yea, sunset rubdown is solid if you enjoy wolf parade/krug.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Getting ready for test, had to break out some old school shit. I doubt anyone here is cool enough (read: old) to appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39Lm_HRfOs
Old 11-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting ready for test, had to break out some old school shit. I doubt anyone here is cool enough (read: old) to appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39Lm_HRfOs
Bah, even Koreans listened to Snow! I had that tape (12 inches of Snow), and to this day without reading the lyrics I can't understand what the hell he is saying. Bone Thugs -n- Harmony when live, has a similar quality. This has made me want to break out the Too $hort, Pharcyde and Luniz albums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everyone knows the old greats like Run DMC, but do you think anyone on this board is old enough to remember listening to Kid and Play or Kool Moe Dee??

Currently listening to ... Bonnie McKee - Trouble, but Too $hort - Cocktails is definitely coming up next, then some 5 on it!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Klaus Disco Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sMksuj_hU
Old 11-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh please, this whole thread is more or less one big pissing match to see who's cooler and more individualistic by listing an album that 6 other people listen to.

I'm reasonably sure more than one poster here googled some musical term they heard their emo friend say once and listed the first 2 hits, having no clue what it even sounded like. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's what I'm listening to right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5DtNgs0vIk

I'm pretty much just looping this and other ones by the same guys over and over. It might be obscure, but they aren't trying to get famous or be cool, so it doesn't count.
I was actually going to post something similar to this. Kudos for beating me to it...haha. I guess you only become cool by liking a band that no one else likes or has heard of. It shows how uninterested you are in popular culture and gives you so cred with your emo friends. I am sure that will draw the ire of a few who will respond, "you never heard of <band name here>, what a fag!", but oh well.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Old 11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Well this is "what are you listening to?" not "What are you listening to, and justify it's artistic credentials while ensuring your decision is not affected by peer bias?"

I think you guys have this confused with a similar post on that Mussolini fanboard you usually frequent.

That being said, I'm listening to Fiery by Daughters because they're the only band in the last few years who are able to unsettle me without a creepy video or something. Most metal, even the heavier tech and grind stuff just comes off as B-Horror to me, and Daughters is genuinely frightening while retaining a coherent rhythmic flow. Saw them at a local show with a friends band and all of my friends thought they were shit at the time.

People listen to bands you've never heard of? What a bunch of pretentious dicks.
Last edited by DevonG; 11-19-2010 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: lil too r&f...
Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Aviak

Right this min???

Daft Punk ---Robot rock
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Aviak

Alice in Chains - God Smack