Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is far more obnoxious than just having character-specific keybinds, but what about:

Multiple eqclient.ini files, named something like eqclient1.ini, eqclient2.ini, etc. Then start EQ with a batch file named for the character you're hoping to play. It then deletes eqclient.ini and copies eqclient1.ini to eqclient.ini.

Tedious, but would work, yeah?
If you use WinEQ2, you can set up different profiles to do exactly this. It's free.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feign death no longer poofs NPC pets if their owner is dead
what does this mean?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Kobold

On my monk, if I kill a necro NPC, then FD, its pet will disappear if it doesn't have aggro on anyone else. Sounds like that made it so that doesn't happen?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Pets with no master and no aggro list always poofed on Live. You could do it with any memblur spell. If you one-shotted an NPC with a pet, the pet lost master before adding you to hate list and also poofed that way.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Great patch, I'm glad lower level zones and very obscure places/quests are getting reworks in 2019.

Here's to the Staff, and to Green! Going to be fun.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

does that mean charming the master wont poof the pet anymore?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome work staff!
Old 09-09-2019, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

Default Soulfire nerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a perfect example of why non-classic changes are necessary.

You come here to a classic server with the expectation of all past exploitable things being abusable, otherwise it's not legitimized in your mind. You fail to realize that it's not classic to begin with if these things people barely knew about started getting widespread usage, they no longer become classic. Many of these things were changed back then immediately upon developer realizations, for good reason.

To repeat something I said in Discord and to address one item in your list, NToV dragons were never solo pulled to the zone in in Classic with the consistency and precision that we started to see here. People raided NToV like a normal raid zone. A change was needed to return that to be the case. These mobs were rooted in Luclin because it was always intended by the developers that they be fought in or near their lairs.

We will continue to make changes as we feel necessary to restore a classic atmosphere and difficulty, including non-classic changes to meet those goals. To not do so otherwise would result in a server far detrimental to the health of the community as a whole.

I will not be commenting on this again.
This is exactly what needs to happen with Soulfire. It has been abused enough! It was never widespread and rampantly used on live like it is here on p99! A change MUST be made! These weapons were meant to be held only by the holiest of knights, a noble Paladin!

Artelius Lightweaver 60 Paladin <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Is this the first time that the Project 1999 Team has modified (patched) the Titanium Client? I was under the impression that all changes had to be made to the server-side exclusively.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

all my windows are locked, and the right mouse menu is disabled so i can't unlock them....
how do i unlock the windows? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: never mind i found it...

UI_<character>_project1999.ini
Last edited by ezri; 09-09-2019 at 09:49 PM..
Closed Thread