Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Banned

Yeah I definitely miss lower guk having a robust population, I'm not sure if there's any way to get that back on p99 though, other than artificially making the named mobs that drop loot in lguk harder so that they can't be soloed by any class at lvl 50, but a group of 40's can kill them. That would take some really precise tuning and would hardly be classic.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find lower guk on green to be a bummer: max level players farming nameds, no pick up groups. I think it's worth seriously reconsidering whether this is actually preferable to having the loot camps be highly sought after by leveling groups.

Separating the best loot camps from the fastest xp camps to spread people out seems like a good idea, but I think the current ZEM difference is too much; instead of spreading leveling groups it separates leveling from farming, and the game play experience of "I'll go back and camp my hooded black cloak solo when the camp is brain-dead easy and I'll have to stand in line behind another max level player doing the same" is shit.
on aradune i have seen as many as 18 lower guk instances with 40 people in each, you can always grab a good camp and plenty of mobs for everyone!

( 1 instance is not enough )
Old 10-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Skeleton

Would be a great opportunity for a PvP Teams Server. No item loot. A lot of fun to be had.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:24 PM
Orc

No.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Name of the game will be get to Kurns first. Get the PL druid ready and get ahead of the other Iksars. If you get caught in the mix with all of them then your better off waiting a week or two. But if you can skip FoB and go straight to Kurns with a 50 druid than you will be just fine.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Fire Giant

Do you reckon they'll enable accelerated respawns again for FoB, just for a couple of days?

Otherwise necros are better off toughing it out until level 4, train meditate and buy their spells up to level 12 or 16, and then get a port and bind in WFP or Gfay or something. Other classes will be shackled to Cabilis for a while but necros don't really need to visit a trainer after 4.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Teal ain't happening with a current pop of 800 at primetime on Green.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Its definitely going to go up with Kunark release, but not sure I see it going up over 2k like it was when they opened Teal.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Max Pop on Green per Day

Some insights
  • Teal launched on November 3, 2019. Chart below does not include Teal Pop while Teal was live
  • Teal merged back into Green on January 19, 2020
  • April & May 2020 is when we had the (ineffective) corona lockdowns

Max pop per day has been cruising around 1k for months.

Prediction:

We'll hit 1500-2000 max pop for first week of Kunark. I predict we cruise at around 1200-1400 max pop for the following 3 weeks. Not sure after that. Maybe keep going at 1200.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green Pop.jpg (105.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-14-2020, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

The difference is that not everyone's starting an iksar on Kunark's launch day. The vast majority of players are gonna be on their level 50 mains. Given the small selection of classes available to iksars and the fact that they technically have two starting zones (you don't have to level in FoB), I'm not convinced it'll be bad enough that opening a second server will be necessary. And I say that as someone who will be playing an iksar. When green launched, 100% of the playerbase was starting from fresh, so even though they were spread out across a number of starting zones, I don't expect the iksar region to be as crowded as green's launch was.

Why go through the trouble to re-open teal for like three days? FoB might have a hundred dudes in it on launch night but it's not like that's gonna remain the case. Now that there's the possibility of getting ported and bound in some other starting zone, I doubt anyone will find themselves unable to play an iksar just because there's too many of them around.
Last edited by Noselacri; 10-14-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Closed Thread