Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Skeleton

Yes, please bring back the quest exp already. What does it matter if someone has a lvl 50 Iksar? Honestly. Let them enjoy the game the way the want to, not like the server will be broken.

What's *is* going to have a negative impact on the server is new people not being able to turn in gnoll fangs or orc belts as they're levelling their new characters.

Turning off all quest xp to prevent 2 or 3 people from getting to lvl 50 too fast is like sinking a cruise ship because 2 people snuck in without tickets.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Currently the highest level player is Level 57, As of this post.
https://www.project1999.com/achievements.php
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failem
You can thank people like Castle above for ruining quest exp for everyone else for a month.
You're right, I edited the code and made the change.

I made the decision it was more important to stop 2 people from getting to 60 in 1 day even if it means 1,000+ people cannot get any quest exp for 30 days.

Oh, and it's still okay if 2 people get to 60 in 6 days. Just not 1 day, because ohmygoodnessgracious that would be terrible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wkrsb.jpg (32.7 KB, 264 views)
Old 11-11-2020, 10:53 PM
Large Rat

the title of this post has my name in it
Old 11-12-2020, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Better solution is to just nerf the amount of exp gnoll scrolls provide. 11+% per scroll is redic to begin with
Old 11-12-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

<Castle> is the lamest and worst guild on the server imo. Actually pushed for a longer raid ban on blue in the UN cause they suck.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-12-2020, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

For the record, I am totally unafilliated with the guild <Castle> and had my name "Castle and its variations long before <Castle> ever existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xersius
Better solution is to just nerf the amount of exp gnoll scrolls provide. 11+% per scroll is redic to begin with
Sorry, your statement not only makes no sense, it is also #NotClassic

11% is the exp cap per any exp event. Any 1 kill or 1 quest turn-in can not give more than 11%.

LOTS of quests give 11% cap... it just depends on level, hence, why your statement makes no sense - you offer no level.

Lightstones, Gnoll Teeth, CB Belts, CB Pads, and almost every exp quest gives 11% cap per turn-in at SOME LEVEL. Ban all quests?

We got Iksars 50+ already that did it killing mobs. Should we slash mob exp across the boards because we personally think "thats too fast"? What a stupid statement whether you're referring to mob exp or quest exp.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the record, I am totally unafilliated with the guild <Castle> and had my name "Castle and its variations long before <Castle> ever existed.

Sorry, your statement not only makes no sense, it is also #NotClassic

11% is the exp cap per any exp event. Any 1 kill or 1 quest turn-in can not give more than 11%.

LOTS of quests give 11% cap... it just depends on level, hence, why your statement makes no sense - you offer no level.

Lightstones, Gnoll Teeth, CB Belts, CB Pads, and almost every exp quest gives 11% cap per turn-in at SOME LEVEL. Ban all quests?

We got Iksars 50+ already that did it killing mobs. Should we slash mob exp across the boards because we personally think "thats too fast"? What a stupid statement whether you're referring to mob exp or quest exp.
Then I apologize to you personally but not to the guild castle...they really suck balls
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-12-2020, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Yup... levelin wasn't going to be bananas because of quests.... it was going to be from people having dragon teeth that summon a level 49 necro pet at level 1.

That's some ultimate power and you can PL yourself like that even.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:27 AM
Kobold

I can't speak for the devs / moderators, but I know from my experiences on TLP servers that quest exp adjustments had more to do with mains gaining levels exploiting massive quest turnins, and almost nothing to do with leveling alts. Power gamers love to save up quest items just before an expansion unlock so they can stand at a quest npc and level up without traveling to the new continent(s).

While I am sad that quests were nerfed for the time being, I can understand that coding different fixes for different zones, levels, or specific npcs might be prohibitive. So, it may be that shutting down all quest exp was the only way to fix the problem and still launch Kunark before 2021 rolled around.

My suggestion would be bank all those quest items you can, and turn them in next month when they will be worth exactly the same number of experience points they would be if quest exp was on right now. Maybe the percentages won't be as high compared to your level at that stage, but you'll ultimately have exactly the same number of points.
Closed Thread