Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

Default Rathe Mtns HG stealth nerf?

No players in zone, no giants either, unless you count that bastard Broog. A LOT of cyclopses, but no giants.

Was the plat inflow too much of a problem, what happened? I was looking for some peace and quiet in Rathe when everyone else is in Kunark.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Kill the placeholders.

Classic, move to resolved.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I'm noticing ALL newbie area spellcaster mobs use gate now. Damn bandits keep gating away now lol!
Old 11-14-2020, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill the placeholders.

Classic, move to resolved.
Classic or not this clearly not how it was before. Was this implemented with Kunark?
Old 11-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic or not this clearly not how it was before. Was this implemented with Kunark?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=370884

Nov 6th patch notes
Old 11-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

It had been repeatedly pointed out with specific evidence that HG's were never static spawns on live during classic. You had to kill trash mobs, which then had a chance to respawn as a hill giant. The change did go in with kunark. Maybe the chance to spawn % is too low, but I'm glad they finally did away with the 100% chance to spawn static HG's because that was super unclassic.

I can sympathize with you too though, I thought maybe seafuries would be less camped with people in kunark, but now it seems the loose etiquette that existed before of not quadding them is totally gone as people attempt to solo the hell levels post-50. You constantly see dbag druids and wizards taking 10 minutes to round up four seafuries now, it's mega annoying.
Last edited by douglas1999; 11-14-2020 at 02:45 PM..
Old 11-14-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think FTE is kinda lol... ya if there's a wizard and druid in the zone, maybe each can FTE, but if there's anymore ppl the only sane way to do HGs is to group and make it a camp. Two groups, two camps. And ya it was never as nuts as it is to try and farm them for plat.

Better options than HGs. Mage bags and old school Cazic thule FS is a better option the way people play the game now.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It had been repeatedly pointed out with specific evidence that HG's were never static spawns on live during classic. You had to kill trash mobs, which then had a chance to respawn as a hill giant. The change did go in with kunark. Maybe the chance to spawn % is too low, but I'm glad they finally did away with the 100% chance to spawn static HG's because that was super unclassic.

I can sympathize with you too though, I thought maybe seafuries would be less camped with people in kunark, but now it seems the loose etiquette that existed before of not quadding them is totally gone as people attempt to solo the hell levels post-50. You constantly see dbag druids and wizards taking 10 minutes to round up four seafuries now, it's mega annoying.
The most unclassic thing about p99 is that there was only 6 HG's up at a time every 6min. You do realize on live HG's were all over the place, and not a rare spawn at all. In their current state, you may as well be trying to spawn quillmane.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most unclassic thing about p99 is that there was only 6 HG's up at a time every 6min. You do realize on live HG's were all over the place, and not a rare spawn at all.
There are 'logs' from the end of velious showing that up to 11 HGs could be in rathe mtns but the staff don't seem to want to do that. I'm not arguing the change to HGs isn't classic but I am arguing they may have tweaked the number of HGs to avoid petitions and more plat inflation.

Not sure why we can't just get full classic. Why does there always have to be a compromise to classic's integrity to dismantle the no lifers or trouble makers.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-16-2020 at 09:51 AM..
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

HGs were a joke anyway the vast majority dropped 0-5p
Closed Thread