Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

The gating mobs are probably already fixed and just waiting on a patch. Everyone knows they shouldn't gate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Don't worry about that.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Actually, the burden lies with you, Baler. If you cannot disprove something, then it must be true.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:16 AM
Fire Giant

Why are you still in North Karana with Kunark out, you love classic that much?
Old 11-15-2020, 07:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, the burden lies with you, Baler. If you cannot disprove something, then it must be true.
qft
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 11-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

I don't remember a ton of static mobs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you still in North Karana with Kunark out, you love classic that much?
A wide open high visibility zone with many safe med points. GLS's.

And a melee bind point. SK and EK access. As well as groups in paw.

Between lake rath arena bind and nK gypsies is the best part of the game. Personally leveled a warrior out there many years ago.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-15-2020 at 08:50 AM..
Old 11-15-2020, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, what? As a general rule the burden of evidence on anyone who’s trying to prove something. It can be impossible to disprove things that don’t exist (flying spaghetti monsters, you name it). For instance, no mention of dragons anywhere in Nektulos forest doesn’t mean that they didn’t exist.

However, it’s their server and they have extensive knowledge of the game. It’s fair to assume that they have a basis for these changes and that it’s too much work to present that with each and every change. As such we the players are expected to first provide evidence that either outright disproves or casts reasonsble doubt on whatever element of the game it is that may be wrong.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, what? As a general rule the burden of evidence on anyone who’s trying to prove something. It can be impossible to disprove things that don’t exist (flying spaghetti monsters, you name it). For instance, no mention of dragons anywhere in Nektulos forest doesn’t mean that they didn’t exist.

However, it’s their server and they have extensive knowledge of the game. It’s fair to assume that they have a basis for these changes and that it’s too much work to present that with each and every change. As such we the players are expected to first provide evidence that either outright disproves or casts reasonsble doubt on whatever element of the game it is that may be wrong.
WOOSH.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Burden of proof is about making a claim, specifically. If you are making a claim, you need to provide evidence to substantiate the claim, otherwise the claim is rejected. Its about whether or not you reject the null hypothesis, or fail to reject the null hypothesis.

If someone is demonstrably guilty of commiting a crime, which is a claim to their guilt, they are guilty, but if they are not demonstrated to commit a crime, they are not guilty, which is just the inability to substantiate the claim of guilt, not a descriptor of what happened to consider it a crime.

A claim can be about something not being the case, it all depends on what the claim is.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Man I do love the Karanas. So big, so cool. So many special places in such a huge open zone. So many opportunities for quests and stuff.

Making it out of the karanas through highpass is one of the sweetest journeys in any game especially because you pretty much always make it when you're barely high enough level to stay alive.

GL in the best game guys.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

I've had two people send me PMs thinking I'm upset about the disabled quest exp.
I don't give a shit about quest exp being disable. The only problem on that topic is it's 1 more not classic thing on this custom server. But it's not what this thread is about. Nilbog and Telin know why i'm upset. I'd bet staff have even seen me working mobs in the karanas on the non-disclosed 7+ alts I have on blue and 5 alts on green.

North Karana is especially trash now.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-15-2020 at 09:14 PM..
Closed Thread