[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

1 blocked message
sip
Old 11-17-2020, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 blocked message
sip
one user posted that they got 1 blocked message
Old 11-18-2020, 07:30 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People make the mistake of thinking that what worked twenty years ago will still work. A teamless server with itemloot will be dead inside two months. Remember that Everquest featured only one such server, and this was mainly to attract the Ultima Online crowd. If it had been more popular even then, they'd have made more itemloot servers. They didn't.

Even when they launched Sullon Zek, the penal colony of EQ whose sole purpose was to isolate the most belligerent and savage players, it was sans itemloot. It was known already by then that itemloot didn't work so well in a game where it can take months to obtain an item and where some classes are completely helpless on their own.

I'd say that a hypothetical new PvP server would need teams as well. Without teams, it basically just becomes a guildwars server that only really works for those who are in one of the big guilds. A teams ruleset will give players some breathing space as there will be places where they can relax and not worry about getting ganked over and over. It also adds an element of politics to the server, something that's missing when the entire world is just a non-stop warzone which doesn't suit EQ's design.

The teams shouldn't be based on class or race, though. That leads to unbalanced teams and weird PvE. I'm inclined to say that there should simply be Team A, Team B and Team C, and you choose which to join upon creating a character. Give each starting character three books, and by level 6 or whenever PvP becomes enabled, they must turn one in to the Priest of Discord and choose a team in order to continue gaining XP.
Great post! MOST players do not want item loot. I always appreciated no item loot when I played on VZ and SZ. You explore more, and fight more.

Team servers were the best! Vallon Zek turned into guild wars because of all the cross teaming. I’m sure Tallon Zek was the same way. I wish they had locked teams like Sullon Zek. I had the most fun on that server. Why couldn’t they use the same format? I thought all 3 teams (evil, good, neutral) held their own raiding and fighting. I didn’t notice a big imbalance. I think Evil just had the biggest pop.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Item loot is OK and fun in classic, People got turned off by it later on. Because there's clever ways to game the system in classic.

If we roll out a new server item loot should be there for like the first 1-2 months for sure. or whatever the classic timeline is.

If they want to do a VZ/TZ box thats fine, they can still do some classic timeline stuff from RZ.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Item loot is not very compatible with sullon zek ruleset. That is why sullon zek ruleset is the only ruleset that non item loot makes sense in.

Otherwise, item loot makes the game much more fun. A lot of problems with item loot on rallos were a result of later exploits such as epics on low level rogues, and the earliest exploit was when deleveled characters kept their original level skills.

The level skills I think you can keep up to +2 or +4 levels worth of skills? for this server you should only be allowed your own level skill values so deleveling has no benefit.

Great old tricks like using thurgadin DD casting robes on low level toons is also easy to remove via level requirement.

High level no drop gear, add level requirement.

It means if you want to roll around like a battle tank as a level 20 twink you are fully lootable.

The tradeable item economy on rallos was a billion times better than other servers I cross servered a good amount during this time.

When you're going in rags you just go deeper in rags. If being a melee is unfair to you can level up in full banded non stop and you literally lose 20pp per death maximum.

I dunno guys trying to kill twinks on live or at least seeing them auto run and become naked piece by piece is the most classic experience ever. All those lifetime shadowknight unrest murderers will either get ganked or have to play smarter and safer and it makes low level game a lot of fun.

OR just like everyone of you softy turds trying to go no item loot, it should be sullon rules to just acknowledge that low level is garbage and this also keeps twinks from being OP in PVP because a level 50 or 60 can roll up and take a dump on them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:15 PM
Banned

whatever PvP ruleset daddy decides i will play
Old 11-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Posting in his own thread from an alt account - pathetic
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whatever PvP ruleset daddy decides i will play
Your signature has been jammin to the beat of my current audio track.. I dig it... Still watchin him jam out..
Old 11-19-2020, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your signature has been jammin to the beat of my current audio track.. I dig it... Still watchin him jam out..
Moms Spaghetti
Closed Thread