Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Malicious freeport bind affinity attacks

Bind affinity casts through walls but the range is short
You can also start the cast before the group forms so if you manage to get the invite, you can accept it right before the spell hits so they won't be able to decline fast enough unless they are ready and prepared for it.

If you have any more tips or tricks to "unbind" people from firepots post here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Okay I haven't actually done this to anyone but I'm waiting for other braver people's stories
Old 11-24-2020, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a good way to get banned.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-24-2020, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Green pvp
Old 11-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

This could be one way someone could permaquit in a blaze of glory by mildly inconveniencing someone for 24 hours before GMs revert their bind point *shrug*
Old 11-24-2020, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This could be one way someone could permaquit in a blaze of glory by mildly inconveniencing someone for 24 hours before GMs revert their bind point *shrug*
I don't know if they would ban someone for that, but I'm 99.9 percent sure the bind won't be reverted
Old 11-24-2020, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind affinity casts through walls but the range is short
You can also start the cast before the group forms so if you manage to get the invite, you can accept it right before the spell hits so they won't be able to decline fast enough unless they are ready and prepared for it.

If you have any more tips or tricks to "unbind" people from firepots post here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once the Kunark group spells get more common among people, you can team up with some lvl 7 in EC and ask for buffs. You should get an Enchanter or Shaman to apply group buffs. lowbie then invites you and enc/shaman is bound in EC.

Or ask in EC for Cleric to rez in Dreadlands for 1k pp and advertise porting in ooc.

So many opportunities....
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 11-24-2020 at 01:22 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exard3k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once the Kunark group spells get more common among people, you can team up with some lvl 7 in EC and ask for buffs. You should get an Enchanter or Shaman to apply group buffs. lowbie then invites you and enc/shaman is bound in EC.
You can't bind others in EC, only self.

On a side note, I think it woulda been a cool no classic thing to allow tunnel binds for anyone since it's such a hot spot in our current era [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a good way to get banned.
Jimjam got unconsensually bound on blue, losing the best bind in the game (Misty Thicket newbie yard), and the only result of any complaint I made was an eye roll.

In my bitterness, as far as I'm concerned, it's an endorsed form of PVP!
Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

The last person to get banned on the last day of velious on Green99 wins the server.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I asked some dial wiz who was in his 50's, like 51 or higher, at hammer hill for a TL to bind one time and he grouped me up and bound me right on HH. Had no idea that would even work on a melee but I guess either that still counts as the outpost or the outpost makes all of OT a melee bind location.

Was pretty annoying but at least I wasn't like a raid toon with an expensive ToV/WW bind or someone with a PoM bind. I now do not trust random ass wizards to ask for a TL unless I know you can't bind in the zone.
Closed Thread