Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 12-11-2020, 11:37 AM
BiG SiP BiG SiP is offline
Banned


Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 395
Default

saddlesore
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-11-2020, 01:29 PM
drackgon drackgon is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sipping on Jar of Tears
Posts: 341
Default

I blame OP for this nerf. Clearly can spin it anyway someone wants. But buying scrolls and making idk how many accounts. Is a reason GMs/admins did this. Which sucks because now it impacts everyone. Clearly GMs/admins tired of certain people, and I get it. Can't ban them so get fed up with their BS and just nerf it.
__________________
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Orgess Grave Lord of <Gathered Might>
Resilak Ftecamera 50 Human Monk of <Gathered Might>
Tenchi Masaki 50 Erudite Wizard of <Gathered Might>
Jaskieer 48 Half Elf Bard of <GM>
Heeheehee Teeheehee 40 Gnome Mage of <GM>


Gathered Might is recruiting New and veteran players of all lifestyles, for all different EQ enjoyment. Social, grouping, leveling, Gearing, Raiding, and community events. Guild focuses on making green more "classic live community"
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-11-2020, 01:35 PM
loramin loramin is offline
Planar Protector

loramin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I blame OP for this nerf. Clearly can spin it anyway someone wants. But buying scrolls and making idk how many accounts. Is a reason GMs/admins did this. Which sucks because now it impacts everyone. Clearly GMs/admins tired of certain people, and I get it. Can't ban them so get fed up with their BS and just nerf it.
It's human nature to want to blame a scapegoat, but the staff DID NOT have to respond to Castle's (or anyone else's) efforts by disabling quest XP for a month! Again, they could have simply limited quest XP, making it so that it doesn't matter how many accounts you have items on: they'd be worthless after you exceed the quest XP limit.

The only possible reason I could see for why they didn't is that such a fix would have taken a day or two longer to code, and they couldn't stand to let their sever firsts be ruined during that time, so they prioritized them over classic EQ ... and again that had everything to do with R&N, and nothing to do with Castle's, or any other player's, actions.
__________________

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, improve the wiki significantly and tell me to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k platinum! Message me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-11-2020, 01:58 PM
drackgon drackgon is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sipping on Jar of Tears
Posts: 341
Default

I usually agree with you alot Loramin. They disabled the quest xp at lunch of green as well. So he wasn't the reason for that. He was the reason for the nerf. Knowing a player made 40 + accounts to cheese his way to 60.
__________________
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Orgess Grave Lord of <Gathered Might>
Resilak Ftecamera 50 Human Monk of <Gathered Might>
Tenchi Masaki 50 Erudite Wizard of <Gathered Might>
Jaskieer 48 Half Elf Bard of <GM>
Heeheehee Teeheehee 40 Gnome Mage of <GM>


Gathered Might is recruiting New and veteran players of all lifestyles, for all different EQ enjoyment. Social, grouping, leveling, Gearing, Raiding, and community events. Guild focuses on making green more "classic live community"
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-11-2020, 02:10 PM
BiG SiP BiG SiP is offline
Banned


Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 395
Default

looks like we’re in their world now
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Castle2.0 Castle2.0 is offline
Planar Protector

Castle2.0's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin
*some novel non-classic change*
#NotClassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon
I blame OP for this nerf. Clearly can spin it anyway someone wants. But buying scrolls and making idk how many accounts. Is a reason GMs/admins did this. Which sucks because now it impacts everyone. Clearly GMs/admins tired of certain people, and I get it. Can't ban them so get fed up with their BS and just nerf it.
  • I camped most of my scrolls
  • Loramin is correct that Devs make these decisions, not me
  • drackgon is correct it sucks on who it's impacting
  • I have the patience of mountains. It will delay, but not stop me

Drackgon, you sound like the kinda guy that would put 2x SSoY + FBSS on your lowbie ranger to cheese you way to level 20. Total exploiter. Not in the spirit of classic at all. I bet you even bound at firepots like everyone else *shakes head*
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 12-11-2020, 04:59 PM
cd288 cd288 is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually agree with you alot Loramin. They disabled the quest xp at lunch of green as well. So he wasn't the reason for that. He was the reason for the nerf. Knowing a player made 40 + accounts to cheese his way to 60.
They reduced it. It wasn’t disabled at launch
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 12-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Scalem Scalem is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's human nature to want to blame a scapegoat, but the staff DID NOT have to respond to Castle's (or anyone else's) efforts by disabling quest XP for a month! Again, they could have simply limited quest XP, making it so that it doesn't matter how many accounts you have items on: they'd be worthless after you exceed the quest XP limit.

The only possible reason I could see for why they didn't is that such a fix would have taken a day or two longer to code, and they couldn't stand to let their sever firsts be ruined during that time, so they prioritized them over classic EQ ... and again that had everything to do with R&N, and nothing to do with Castle's, or any other player's, actions.
You are like a broken record constantly crying about the Dev's not following ClAsSiC eVeRqUeSt. Waaa the top left says it! Waaa. This server will never be classic as much as you and everyone else like to cry about #notclassic. Why can't you just appreciate that P99 is the closest thing anyone will ever get to actual 1999 EQ and move on?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 12-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Skarne Skarne is offline
Sarnak

Skarne's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Paul Allen’s apartment
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are like a broken record constantly crying about the Dev's not following ClAsSiC eVeRqUeSt. Waaa the top left says it! Waaa. This server will never be classic as much as you and everyone else like to cry about #notclassic. Why can't you just appreciate that P99 is the closest thing anyone will ever get to actual 1999 EQ and move on?
be prepared for paragraphs of response claiming he actually is appreciative and it is YOU who isnt!
__________________
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Tuljin Tuljin is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 636
Default

What's "classic" is spirit of the rule vs. letter of the rule. The EQ devs would -never- have let somebody get to level 60 in a day on launch day because it would absolutely ruin the reputation of their product if the news ever got out. Nobody would have been able to sneak it past them, either.

Besides, to even have tons of accounts in the year 2000 would have cost tons of money and would have been absolutely impossible. The most hardcore EQ players that could box spent thousands on 2 fast computers, tons of money on a a cable internet connection at the time (and happening to live somewhere where that was even possible,) and paying $100 per month to have two gold accounts. How much money would enough accounts have cost? Would Sony -not- have instantly gotten hip to what someone was up to who was spending $2000 per month on 40 gold accounts? Would that have been allowed? The answer is....absolutely not.

Ultimately it is up the the P99 devs to decide what is "classic" and what is not and honestly this P99 is the best "classic" EQ experience you can find. Just as it was up to the devs at the time in the year 2000 to decide what was an "exploit" and what was not - regardless of whether or not the exploit was technical or a creative workaround (hence various item and quest nerfs) - the devs on P99 have chosen to exercise their right to do whatever the hell they want.

At the end of the day, Mannastone is -still- wasting his life here despite all this bellyaching, which is the most comical part of it all.

Devs putting the caybash on anything they consider an "exploit" regardless of letter of the law or spirit of the rule - and people subsequently very very "mad" about it - - - - - - #ClassicAF
__________________
Sotir - Cleric
Xoquil - Wizard
Kinigi - Ranger

<The A-Team>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.